Chapter 6

3:00 AM

Dear Diary

It's been 2 weeks since dad gave me and Asher the  entire  responsibility of Evans BuiltIN Group. I would've been over the top, but to achieve this I have entered a phase where there is a lot of uncertainty around my future. I got married, to Ethan Carter.The merger that let us to this pinnacle came at a cost.

Both Ethan and I do not know each other, at all. Both of us have married into something unknown, it's like navigating unknown waters.

Mom used to say how lucky she was to find true love in Dad .Will I be lucky enough to get that?

S.

I had woken up in the middle of the night and realised that I hadn't taken my anxiety medicine. It's been 7 years since I started going into therapy. Defeating depression was no easy win, I fought with it for 3 years but anxiety was something I couldn't totally get out of. Always at the back of my mind, I had these intrusive thoughts which has led to many sleepless nights like such.

I popped the pill and chased it with water. Finally feeling drowsy enough, I slipped back under the covers. I took one glance at the figure resting beside me, he was sleeping peacefully. His entire body was relaxed--not a trace of that tension he always carried around. When he slightly stirs, I immediately turn away.

--*--

My alarm clock started beeping at 6:30 AM.Realising that I didn't have to go to work and having a chance at more sleep, I closed my eyes. Before falling asleep again I heard Ethan entering in and taking off his shoes, he must have gone out for a jog. I finally woke up at 9 and this time I was alone so like any sensible adult I got ready and decided I need to go shopping.

It was the most sleep I had gotten in a long time. I didn't exactly know what was the deciding factor. Maybe, the change of location had helped me relax.

I called up Sam to accompany me shopping and she was more than happy to. The driver dropped us off at the mall and we got off. Before I could decide anything Sam dragged me into a shop.

"Hi, we need bathing suits for her size. Good ones." She said winking to the helper.

I was astonished,"Sam I don't think I need any, I've got a one piece in case I feel like going to the beach."

"Feel like? You're definitely going to the beach and we definitely need those smoking 2 pieces so Ethan can't keep his eyes off of you."

Yeah, as if that was gonna happen.But knowing better I decided against saying anything and just sighed.

--*--

Let's just say that Sam is very happy with those strappy barely there bikinis and I am not. Afterwards we just bought some clothes and I got some knick knacks for everyone back in New York. We were having ice cream as we headed out of the mall.

 "Jamie and Ethan will be here to pick us up, I called them." and exactly then 2 cars pulled up. Both Ethan and James stepped out.Sam ran towards James and smooched him. They were busy in their PDA while we just stood there, embarrassed. I turned around to face Ethan. He gave me an awkward questioning glance and took all of my bags.Well that was polite.

 He then proceeded to lick some of my ice cream, I stared at him and he just smiled at me lovingly. My knees were buckling at his intensity but he subtly gestured to our side where I saw Sam and James looking at us and laughing .

Oh, so this was a show.

I slipped into the front seat before Ethan came in and took the driver's seat. There was something about him and driving--he liked it. Despite having chauffeurs he preferred to drive by himself. Maybe it was his escape.