epilogue

Third Person

A Few weeks later| December 23, 2020,

True to his word, the next time Ryan saw Karma after she found out, he went into detail and told everything. He answered every question that she had.

He had told her about Joseph being Jesse' Godfather. Something that shocked Karma entirely. But she was even more surprised when she found out that Giovanni was Jesse's biological half-brother rather than his God-brother.

Ryan had told her about the night Jesse found out that Jonah and Joseph were conspiring together to take out both Jesse and Karma at one point.

He told her about the plan they had to take both Jonah and Joseph out once and for all and explained where everything went left in Jesse's arrest.

When it was confirmed that there was a rat in the gang, Cyrus and Ryam used multiple tactics to scare each member into confessing and only one person ended up coming out and admitting to having sold Jesse out to Joseph and the police.

Rico, a member of the gang, ex-member now, had confessed to everything. He explained that Joseph had came to him promising to take care of him and his family financially and take care of any and all of their expenses. Including the tuition for his daughter's first year of college. His daughter, Claudia, had been accepted to Princeton and wasn't sure how to pay for it and decided not to go until Joseph had offered Rico money to practically give her a full ride.

He also offered Rico a partnership. Promising him that if he could help put Jesse in jail, Joseph would let him be co-leader of Joseph's group.

However, if Rico truly knew the kind of man Joseph was, he would know that Joseph has never been one to share.

All of Joseph's promises were empty and now that Joseph had died, Rico wasn't going to see a dime of that money.

Of course, when Jesse caught wind of his daughter's situation, he told Cyrus and Ryan to write a check for $200,000 for Claudia to do whatever she wanted with it. Jesse didn't trust Rico with handling the money so it had been arranged that Claudia would meet Cyrus and take the money directly from him.

He didn't want to punish the poor girl all because her father was a snitch. A selfish and ungrateful snitch.

Jesse's suspicions about there being a rat came in handy because he hadn't told Rico about the hidden sniper that took Joseph out.

Karma remembered who Rico was. In fact, the morning after she and Jesse met, Rico had walked in on her changing before Jesse pulled him out of the room.

When it came to Jesse's arrest, after looking at the gun Jesse's fingerprints were on, They knew that Jesse hadn't killed Joseph seeing as the entire clip of the gun had been full. However, he confessed to attempted murder whilst Joseph was wearing his wire.

Another issue that came up was the bank that the gang had robbed months prior. Although they covered their tracks well, it was a heist that the whole gang knew about, including Rico, and he sang like a canary when telling the police everything. He even went on to show proof of diagrams that had been drawn that detailed their plan.

As for Gio, Karma made sure he was still going to the daycare and he was. His home life improved now that Joseph was gone and it showed with how much happier he seems in daycare. Karma had spoken to the lady who owns the daycare who had fired her due to Jesse's impulsive trip he took Gio on. The lady understood that Gio felt the most comfortable around Karma so she let her have her job back on one condition. Jesse never goes back there again especially now that he had been arrested.