chapter 1 : surrendering to fate*

"Xiao zhan. Come here !!"
An old man's voice could be heard.

A little slender guy came out of the room with a click sound which belonged to the door. He replied ,"coming dad!"

Xiao zhan was doubtful to see the dark staircase. He slowly step by step walked down , saying in a low voice, "Why is it so dark..."

Coming downstair what the boy saw was shocking. His both parents were bruised and was tied up with gun pointed at their head.

"M-mom...d-dad.." that was the only thing he could utter. He was confused , but even more scared. He looked at the pointed gun and then at the man who held the weapon.

"Xiaozhan go and pack your bag. You..you are leaving with them" said the middle aged women.

"Mom... I- i don't want to go with them" xiao zhan protested. The shock in his mind didn't lessen so he couldn't think clearly. He added once again, this time his voice had the obvious fear, "what are you doing..let my parents go..let them go. Don't hurt them!" He murmured all those words.

He was ignored by the men and didn't receive any response.

After a while he heard his 'mom' say with a slightly choking voice"You have to go with them son....I'm sorry."
Xiaozhan just shook his head . He is afraid of these people . How can he leave with them ? How can he leave with the people who hurt his parents so badly?

Just then he saw one of them hitting his father, he ran infront of his father trying to protect him.
With a trembling voice he said once again ,"w-why are you hitting my mom and dad !? You are bad people. I won't leave with you! Let go of them...please.."

Xiao zhan got so scared that even his hands were shaking. It was just fine yesterday but why is it like this today ? All of a sudden?

Seeing zhan's pitiful appearance, one of the men , dressed in black laughed and mocked,
" you call them your mom and dad ? Little boy , they don't deserve the title okay? They didn't hesitate to sell their children to pay the debts. I've never seen 'parents' like them. Disgusting"

Xiao zhan was old enough to know what selling children means. Widening his eyes with a look of horror , he looked at his parents who are now bowing their heads in shame. His mother wept and his dad was silent.
"Dad...what are they saying? You definitely won't do that! I don't believe it. They are lying, right?"

"I'm sorry son .... we had no other way...we will be jailed or worse be killed...I'm sorry zhan"

With tears glistening in his eyes zhan still stared at both of his parents in hope , only to be disappointed again. Looks like....he was really traded? Zhan fell down on the floor with disbelief in his eyes. He still hoped it was all just a nightmare. What the man said isn't the truth at all.

"Xiaozhan, don't you have enough beating mark's on your body ? Or do you want me to beat you again to make you come back to your senses !?" His mother spoke , the most cruel words . She didn't stop there and added , "what's so good here? If you stay you will get your parents killed! Do you want us to die??"

Thats when zhan broke down fully. What's happening...he had no idea at all. His mother is saying those words only to provoke him , right? Never in his life did zhan thought , his own parents will .....sell him. He was hurt . His chest hurts . His eyes burns.

The man in black who spoke earlier pushed zhan into his room to pack up his things.
With tears rolling down from his red eyes he packed few things in his school bag.

He is shocked . Confused. Angry . Sad . Disappointed. Scared.
He didn't know what to do other then surrendering himself to his fate.

Returning downstairs with his backpack, zhan glanced at his parents for the last time. Then he was dragged outside by one of the man.

He doesn't know what caused this chaos.
At least his mom was right , he is exiting a....hell.