A hurting family

Part 2 to Fires
———————
———————
Kentucky entered the new house, and looked around. He smiled and looked back down at the kids who both looked very tired.

"You two go rest, I'm going to send a letter to Georgia." Kentucky said, looking down at the kids and smiling. The three went there separate ways.

Kentucky started writing a letter telling Geo were they where. When he was done he went to send it.

"I'm going to send the letter to Georgia, I'll be back in a bit." Kentucky called out as he left the house.

"Do you think dad will be ok?" DC said, worried for Georgia.

"I'm sure he'll be fine, there's nothing he can't handle." I.D.C said, smiling at her brother.

"Maybe he was able to leave and joined the union!" She said, a beaming smile on her face. The two siding know much about what was going on, all they knew was the Union was good.

The pair recounted made up stories of the war, the brave Union states fighting the evil confederate ones. Georgia escaping the confederacy and joining the Union, bravery in his heart and fire in his eyes. The pair went on and on about the war as they waited for Kentucky to come back.

Kentucky opened the door and headed to the kitchen to make some food.

"I'm back guys, come down to the kitchen and help me make dinner." He called out to the kids, he smiled as he heard them run downstairs.

It had been months sense he sent the letter, and yet there was no sign of Geo. He got worried for his boyfriend. He hoped Geo was safe. Each day he assured the kids that there dad would be home soon. He decided to open the newspaper and read it. General Sherman's march through Atlanta! He read the words surprised, the paper detailed the horrors of what the Union soldiers did to the city. Georgia's in danger! He could be dead! Tucky thought, panicking. He knew Sherman was an Ohio general. If anything bad happened to Geo, he knew it would've been Ohio's fault.

I have to go back to the house. He thought, knowing he needed to get there soon. He made arrangements for the twins to be watched as he was away. After a few days he got ready to leave.

"Will you be ok?" DC asked, worried for his dad.

"I'll be fine, besides I'll be back soon." Tucky reassured the twins.

"Will you bring dad back?" I.D.C asked, looking up at Kentucky with tears in her eyes. All Kentucky did was smile at the kid, as he said his goodbyes and left the house.

Kentucky saw the ruined city, the panic rising in him. He saw Georgia's house and immediately ran up to it. He noticed the door had been broken down and feared for the worse.

"Georgia, Georgia!" He yelled out but there was no sign of him. He could see damage around the house like it was burnt. He searched for any trace of Geo, finding a scrap of cloth that belonged to him. He's dead. Tucky thought.

"He's dead!" He screamed into the empty house, falling to the floor and crying. He had to tell the kids, but he didn't know how. For now he laid on the floor and wept.

Kentucky had gotten back to his house in Kentucky. Entering through the door.

"I need to tell you something." He said to the kids, a somber tone in his voice.

"Where's Georgia?" DC asked.

"Georgia, Georgia's dead." Kentucky admitted, as he watched the kids faces turn to sadness. The twins started crying, hugging their dad for comfort.

"He can't be dead!" I.D.C said.

"I'm sorry but he is." Kentucky responded, hugging the kids tighter, and started crying.

He hated whoever killed the love of his life. He knew exactly who it was.