20.

Excuse mistakes. Not proof read.

Madison

"Huh?"

"Whatchu mean?" He asked, looking at me guilty now, obviously not expecting to see me on this floor but here I was.

And no, I wasn't going to mind my business. If he was making stupid decisions. 

"What are you doing?" I asked him again.

"Are you quitting?" I looked up at him before looking from him to his boss and his boss gave me a look, confirming what I'd already knew.

"Are you?" I asked again for further confirmation and he stood there saying nothing, he just looked at me with low eyes.

"Excuse me." I said to his boss, roughly pulling him away and making him come with me. 

"Yo." He spoke sternly, grabbing my wrist to make me stop.

"Gi, what are you doing? You're quitting for what?" I asked all at once as I looked up into his eyes sadly and he was obviously high out of his mind because his eyes were so low and red.

"Why it matter?" He shrugged nonchalantly as usual.

"Because you're being stupid right now."

"We're going through something so you just up and quit on what you worked so hard for?" I asked and he scoffed, looking down.

"I been wanting to before that so it's whatever."

"No you have not, Gi." I shook my head in disbelief. He was the one making sure we came here every day and trying to be on time everyday.

He loved working here with me.

"You worked so hard for this. I worked so hard to get you to want to do this.."

"Now you're just going to quit because you're mad at me?"

"I ain't mad at you. I ain't never been mad at you." He retorted but I knew he was lying right now because if he wasn't upset or angry with me, he wouldn't be quitting.

"Yes you are because if you weren't, you wouldn't be quitting your good paying job right now, Giovanni."

"And you would make things right with me instead of sitting here, giving up on everything." I expressed as he pushed me further down the hall now, so we could talk more privately.

"Look." He spoke up, pushing me into a corner as he stood in front of me, blocking me in.

"I ain't never been mad at you, Madison."

"Yeah, I'm mad that you wanted to break up and you was showing' off in front of of yo' friends-"

"—but I was never mad at you for feeling how you feel because I know you got the right to feel how you feel."

"Gi." I called, looking up at him and grabbing his face so that he could look me in the eyes seriously.

I didn't even care about any of that other stuff at the moment. I just did not want him to quit this job.