IV- Dolores Umbridge

Anna's POV

The next morning was agitated, between Ms. Weasley yelling at the twin for accidentally making Ginny fall down the stairs and Ms. Black yelling profanities, it was awfully loud. Soon enough, we got out, Sirius coming with us in his dog form, much to Ms. Weasley's displeasure. Sirius fooled around, making me and Harry laugh. I hugged uncle Pads tightly, whispering to write to me and ask uncle Moony to write to me too.

As soon as I got in the train, I went to find Luna, finding Neville on the way. I hugged him and we found Luna. I smiled wildly and hugged her. Neville sat down in front of her and I followed suit, soon laying down with my head on his lap as we talked about our summers. I talked about the trial, Neville talked about his plants and Luna gave him advice on how to keep the narggles away from them. My brother and Ginny joined us. After their prefect reunion, Hermione and Ron came too, to my dismay : I couldn't lay on Neville's lap anymore. Harry read the Quibbler, which I always found nice and bought sometimes, no matter how many times Luna told me to just ask her and she would give me one.

"Is there anything interesting in there?" Ron asked Harry after he closed the magazine.

"Of course not," Hermione said coldly. "The quibbler is trash everybody knows that."

"You should watch your fucking mouth Granger," I coldly told her, not caring that she was a prefect. She wasn't going to insult the work Luna's dad did.

"Excuse me, but my father is the director of it," Luna said coldly and I smiled proudly at her.

"Oh I euh," Hermione fumbled. "I mean, there are interesting things actually... I mean it's-"

"I'll take it back, thank you," Luna announced, her voice still cold. She took back the magazine and found the page where she had to read it upside down. 

Malfoy came in our compartment and I groaned. Normally our compartment was calm but no, my brother was here and it lost all the feeling of home I would usually feel when I was with Neville and Luna. I noticed him saying something about a dog and felt my heart beat faster. Harry and Hermione registered what had happened too, but Harry obviously didn't think he could talk about it in front of Neville and Luna, although they knew about him, but that's not the point. 

We arrived and sat in the same carriage to go to school. Hagrid wasn't here, but I didn't worry too much, unlike my brother.

"What are those horses?" he asked. 

"What horses?" Ron asked.

"The one pulling the carriage!"

I heard Luna reassuring him, but all I could think about was Cedric. He was the reason Harry could see the Thestrals. I knew Neville and Luna could also see them. Wanting some kind of comfort, I gripped Nevilles's arm. I knew he didn't like seeing the thestrals, but I wish my brother never saw them. Neville noticed I wasn't okay and put his other hand above mine. He looked down at me, quietly asking if I was okay and I gave him a little nod with a forced smile. I put my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. I usually got some sleep in the train. 

During the sorting, I laid my head on Neville's shoulder again, making sure he didn't mind. Dean and Seamus sat in front of us, holding a small conversation with Neville. I didn't listen during the sorting, nor did I when Dumbledore gave his usual speech. 

"...I am pleased to introduce you to professor Umbridge, who will be teaching Defence against the Dark Arts." Upon hearing this, my head snapped up and I looked at her. She was the frog look alike from the hearing, I hadn't even noticed her when I came in. I frowned in worry, what was someone from the ministry doing here.  She interrupted Dumbledore's speech with an annoying cough. During her speech, professor Mcgonagall was frowning deeply and she exchanged a look with professor Sprout. I had a feeling I wouldn't get along with Umbridge much.