Chapter 21

SAUL AND ANYA WATCHED AS THE glass shattered and Terra rushed forwards, throwing things off the doors

"Terra! What are you doing?" Anya asked, rushing over to the teary eyed girl who was obviously distressed.

"We're hiding when we should be fighting," she said and Anya shook her head, moving her away from the things.

"We'll fight when we have to. We can't put lives at risk," Anya explained and Terra looked at her with defeat.

"They already are and the only way to stop them is to kill those things," she said and Anya knew she was talking about Sam.

"Thats not as easy as you think sweetheart, I know you're scared for Sam, but we can help him," she explained.

She hated that Terra was going to have to sit around and do nothing whilst her brother died, Anya hated it too, but it was something that haf to be done.

Glass shattered and a Burned One fell from the ceiling, Farah rushing to it before it tore through the school.

"What just happened?" Terra questioned and Anya furrowed her brow, not knowing how to answer that question.

"They're leaving," Farah stated as the Burned Ones left, leaving them alone.

"They're all moving together, like they're following something," Saul explained as him and Anya walked over to Farah.

"Wheres Bloom?" Farah asked and she ran away, leaving to go and find Bloom.

It must have been half an hour later when they received the news from Farah. Anya rushed over to Sam, Terra, Ben and Musa as she heard that the Burned One had been defeated.

"Oh my god," she said and the girls all hugged, Anya smiling at them.

"Took you long enough," Sam said with a groan, looking at Anya who just smiled at him.

"I can't deal with your sacracm right now Sammy," she said as she gently pulled him into a hug, kissing him on the forehead.

Saul smiled at her, knowing that when - if - they had children, she would be the most amazing mother.

It was all he ever really wanted. A small family, a boy and a girl maybe, he'd be fine with just one child.

He could imagine it now, sitting around the table at Christmas with Sky and two little children who looked like the perfect combination of Saul and Anya.

☆☆☆

THE NEXT DAY, ANYA, SAUL AND SKY walked through the grounds, looking at the aftermath of everything.

"Wheres Riven?" Saul asked and Sky rolled his eyes.

"Probably getting stoned somewhere with Dane," Sky explained and Anya chuckled, "Can't believe he knew this place was fucked way before I did, didn't even take a dead dad"