A Father's Worry

A Father's Worry

Sirius Black was a proud father. How could he not be? Not many parents, actually, almost no parent at all could boast their child being the first to be close to taking over the world.

The wizarding world of course, but still the world. It was amazing to watch as Hadrian grew to even further heights than he himself could have achieved. Many would say he could have done so as well. Perhaps he could have, but he just wasn't a leader.

Not really.

If there was one Slytherin thing he had, it was the sense to do everything from the shadows. Sure he was brash, reckless at times. But he preferred to follow. It was just the way he was, mostly.

But Sirius was mentally battling with himself at that very moment. He supported Hadrian in anything and everything he did, but he was still a father. A parent. He could not help but worry about his only son.

Strong, intelligent, stubborn and fearless were all things to describe Hadrian. Good qualities to have in a leader. He was ambitious like no other, cunning and sly too.

But he was also Sirius' son. A boy. A child. A child that was leading and Sirius couldn't help but wonder if he was doing the right thing. If Lilian would have been okay with this. Sure he was ecstatic of all Hadrian had achieved, he was hopeful for the future of pureblood and dark families.

But what about his son?

What about Hadrian's mental state? How was this taking a toll on him? They would be at war in the coming years..was it right to have a child lead them to such a thing? To have him watch maybe, hundreds of wizards die for their cause?

They may be people Hadrian cannot stand, but they were people. Hadrian had killed before, but on a mass level...all that bloodshed..tears, screams.

Was it really something a father should condemn their child to? Boy or not, Hadrian was but a child.

"What am I doing?" breathed Sirius, horrified by his line of thought. The dog star bolted out of bed, sweat between his brow and a sense of urgency and panic in his dark eyes. He climbed out of bed quickly, not noticing the worried eyes of his lover as he pulled on a pair of trousers and left the room in a rush.

"You're insane Sirius! That Black madness has have to have caught up to you. He's a bloody child!" he hissed to himself, running his fingers through his messy hair as he paced the hall.

What should he do?

It was too late to tell Hadrian "no" now. The boy was damn near a Dark Lord! His father Sirius may be, but he was not excluded from Hadrian's cruel nature. Hadrian was just like Tom. Maybe even worse at times. The boy had a goal and he was not going to give it up or watch on the sidelines as Tom fought Dumbledore.

"Merlin what have I done?" he muttered, rubbing his hand over his face, only to tense up when he felt a firm, but gentle hand on his shoulder. "Sirius? What's wrong love?" questioned Remus, his tone gentle and the dog star sighed as the taller man brought him further into his arms, hands clasped around his waist.

"You don't think this is wrong? What's happened to my son?" asked Sirius, his dark eyes meeting the now amber eyes of the werewolf. Remus frowned, brows scrunched in confusion. "What do you mean? What's happened?" he remarked and Sirius scoffed.