Chapter 1

Present 

A figure was crouched on a dry building, their hands gripping the rough sandy surface beneath them. 

"This is still a bad idea." a feminine voice spoke in their ear, causing the figure to sigh. 

"It's necessary. This is the only way it'll work."

"Okay." was the reply. "But be careful. Batgirl doesn't need to go through this again."

The figure twitched slightly, tightening their shaking fingers. 

"Stop. I get it, okay? I broke her heart. I already feel like shit, you don't have to make it worse. Just tell me when to go."

"Fine. ETA: 10 seconds."

The figure slowly stood, preparing their body and glancing to their right. A car was coming down the road, speeding closer to the building. Looking to their right, the figure raised a hand, beckoning. 

Another figure stepped out silently, nodding once. 

"3, 2, 1: go." Both figures jumped off the building, landing silently on the vehicle as it passed. 

"Stay safe, Ghost, Predator."

"Always." The figure responded. 

.

5 Months Before

"You're insane!" Stephanie Brown shouted crossing her arms angrily. 

"Steph-" Tim said placating, stepping closer. 

"No!" Steph said, holding up her hand. "Stop. I don't want to hear the facts, or the statistics. It doesn't matter! You're insane, this plan is suicide, and I can't believe you're doing this!!" 

Tim sighed. "Steph, please. It's the only way."

"It is not!" Steph exploded, throwing her arms up. "You could have asked the Justice League! The Team could've stormed the place and taken the kid by force!!  Hell, you could even still infiltrate it!!! Why the fuck do you have to go alone?!?!" 

The team watched the two of back and forth, their eyes wide with shock. Steph and Tim had been arguing about this for almost a week now, neither succeeding in convincing the other to give in. They'd never seen Steph so angry before, and it was honestly terrifying. They didn't understand how Tim could argue with her and not give in. 

The fight ends with Steph storming out of the room, leaving a heartbroken Tim behind.

.

Present  

5 months. It took 5 months to finally infiltrate the League of Assassins. 

Predator and Ghost both stood above where the entrance to the league hideout was, both looking confidant and powerful. 

"This is the spot. Are you sure about this?" Oracle asked over the comms. 

"Yes." Tim whispered, carefully watching his surroundings. 

Oracle sighed. "Alright, then. Radio silence begins in 30 seconds. This is Oracle, signing off."

.

5 Months Before 

"Here's your comm. I'll be able to stay in contact with you until you have to go radio silent." Babs said, voice steady despite the frown on her face. 

"Thank you." Tim answered, taking the comm. He looked over at the superheros gathered. Steph was there, glaring fiercely at him, and his heart shattered, his breath catching slightly. 

She'd never forgive him for this. 

"When will the jet arrive?" Dick asked, his hand on Steph's shoulder to help keep her calm. 

"20 minutes." Tim whispered. 

Steph scoffed and Tim looked away, closing his eyes. 

"Are you absolutely sure you want to go alone?" Bart asked. "I can come with you!"

Tim didn't get the chance to answer. A bright light filled the room. 

.

Present 

"Are you ready?" Tim asked, glancing over at the girl next to him. 

"Yes." she answered, nodding once. 

"Okay, then." Tim said, extending his Bo staff.

"Let's do this-"

.

5 Months Before 

"Cass?" Tim asked, shock clear in his voice as he looked at the figure that had just stepped into view.

.

Present 

"Let's bring Damian home."

"Together." Cass said, nodding. 

"Together." Tim agreed. 

.....

I don't know if you could tell, but I tried to make this as confusing as possible, lol.

But, yay! Part 2 has arrived!!
Don't forget to comment! I love reading comments, or makes me feel happy, so please don't be a silent reader!
Stay tuned!

~ Joy Joy