23.

“What are you looking for?” Today was the day Rose was supposed to go talk to Taylor’s principal and Taylor noticed Rose was a little on edge. It wasn’t because they were late since they still had more than enough time and Rose was fully dressed.

“My pills.” Rose appeared briefly behind the sofa before ducking behind it again. “Have you seen my birth control pills?”

“No… don’t think so.”

 “Speaking of which,” Taylor spoke amused, making her way towards Rose. “Remember the other day when I caught you and Raphael doing whatever you were doing on the floor?” she waited for Rose to reply, but she was too busy looking for her pills. “Well, okay. I told you I’d come back and, unfortunately for my virgin eyes, I did. Your moans are so cute.”

“You’re kidding, right?” And Rose appeared again, way more distraught this time.

Taylor scoffed, “I wish I was.” Then, she started to imitate the noises she had heard Rose make the other night.

“No! I’m so, so sorry!”

“Aw, baby,” Taylor cooed, “Don’t apologize. I’m just a little mentally scarred right now. Anyhow, about your pills, when was the last time you took them?”

That was exactly the point. Rose had no idea when the last time was. It was not a secret she absolutely hated pills so she didn’t really miss them. Up to now. “I think I might vomit,” she whispered and lay on her back on the floor.

“You’re such a drama queen!” Taylor exclaimed and pulled her off the floor. “I’m sure it’s not that bad.”

“What’s not that bad?” Raphael’s voice all but made Rose fall to the floor this time.

Taylor rolled her eyes. “Stop being so nosey. If she wanted to tell you she would’ve.”

“I don’t care if she wants to tell me or not, she will either way.” After he said that, Taylor and he had a little stare-off.

“Can we just leave already?”

                                    “So, Miss Cole,” Taylor’s principal started nervously. He had obviously had these types of talks before, but the fact that Raphael sat there too made him feel extremely anxious.

“It’s Mrs. Ambrosios,” Raphael corrected quickly.

“But here,” the principal slid the paper towards Raphael and pointed where there stood Rose Cole and not Rose Ambrosios, “It says Cole.”

It was obvious this man was getting on Raphael’s nerves. From the minute they stepped into his office up to now the guy’s demeanor just annoyed him to a different extent.

“And now,” Raphael spotted a pen in the man’s coat pocket and snatched it right out of it, “It says Ambrosios.”

The principal was at loss of words and swallowed the lump in his throat. He stared at the paper for a while, just looking at what Raphael had done. He had crossed out ‘Cole’ and had written ‘Ambrosios’ instead.

It was awkwardly silent and Raphael placing the pen back into the principal’s pocket only added up to it.

“So…” the principal pursed his lips as he tried to regain himself. “Mrs. Ambrosios,” he looked up for a brief second and Raphael nodded in approval, “Taylor is a smart girl, she just needs to… focus and behave.”

“Can you explain, please?” Rose was absolutely oblivious. It always seemed as if Taylor was somewhat focused when it came down to school. Rose rarely asked, just because Taylor seemed to be doing her homework and she was old enough to know when to do it. She didn’t need Rose to pressure her on doing so.