Chapter 47

The Jedi Council sat and watched as Ahsoka was brought into the Republic courtroom, two clones behind her, her hands in cuffs in front of her. (Y/n) sat in between Plo Koon and Obi-Wan, looking down at the young girl who had helped them all through so much. Ahsoka Tano has done more for the Republic than they can repay, and what do they do? They accuse her of murder.

Mas Amedda slammed his staff on the ground three times from his position, and Ahsoka's platform floated forward towards where Palpatine sat in the judge's chair. Padmé, who was representing Ahsoka, came from the side of the courtroom. Tarkin entered from the other end, his face as sullen and emotionless as always.

"Ahsoka Tano," Chancellor Palpatine called from above, his voice echoing throughout the room, "you have been charged with sedition against the Jedi Order and the Republic itself. This court will decide your fate." He turned to look at Tarkin. "Prosecution, you may begin your arguments."

Tarkin walked forward to Ahsoka's side and said, "Former Padawan Tano," he made sure to emphasize the 'former', "I shall prove that you were the mastermind behind the attack on the Jedi Temple and that once your accomplices carried out your orders, you eliminated them one by one. When you are found guilty, I ask the court that the full extent of the law be brought down upon you, including penalty of death!"

(Y/n) sat shocked at his statement, wondering how he could even consider thinking of the death penalty for Ahsoka. Glancing towards Obi-Wan, she saw he had the same shocked and concerned look on his face. Tarkin truly was a heartless man.

He continued, going on about how it was Ahsoka who planted the nanodroid bombs for the explosion at the Temple, and how the security cameras at the prison distinctly show that she was the only person in the room when Letta Turmond died.

"Defense, you may make your statement." Palpatine called up Padmé to speak. She nodded, and walked to Ahsoka's side, Tarkin just across.

"Look at the facts. Letta Turmond called Ahsoka to her cell to reveal the name of the true mastermind behind the bombing of the Jedi Temple." Padmé began. "Letta told Ahsoka she was afraid. She told her the mastermind was a Jedi, and before she could reveal the Jedi's name, Letta Turmond was strangled to death by way of the Force. Why would Ahsoka kill Letta with a method that would so obviously tie the murder to her? A Jedi may be responsible for the murder, but that Jedi is not Ahsoka Tano. Members of the court, you are prosecuting the wrong Jedi!"

There was a clapping that came from Tarkin, but he did it so obviously as a mock of her speech. "Well said, Senator Amidala. However, if she is innocent, then why was she seen conspiring with known Separatist terrorist, Asajj Ventress?"

"Ventress set me up! My master will prove that." Ahsoka claimed.

"And where is your master?" Tarkin asked.

"He's trying to find the real murderer!"

"Then maybe he should be looking at you."

Palpatine looked down upon the scene and said, "I'm sure many of you look at this former Jedi and think, 'Surely, she cannot be this murderer or saboteur that they speak of'. And yet think of all the times we have been fooled by the Separatists and how they have infiltrated the Republic and ask yourself, 'Is this yet another Separatist scheme?'. Another way to rip the Jedi, and subsequently all of us, apart."

The court members conversed for a moment, and (Y/n) put her hand to her chin as she watched then speak. It took a moment for them to reach a verdict. The last member stood, and said, "The members of the court have reached a decision." The elf scooted to the edge of her seat in anticipation, hoping for Ahsoka to go free, however unlikely. The member clicked his datapad, sending their verdict to Palpatine.