Chapter 25: Missing Time

HICCUPS POV.

Hiccups eye's fluttered open and his hands immediately fled to the throbbing pain of his right side. Hiccup tried to take a deep breath to fill his lungs with oxygen but the pain was keeping him from doing so. Hiccup forced himself to inhale through all the pain and he began to breath more steadily.

As he panted Hiccup began to take note of his surroundings, he was in a tent that was illuminated from the sunlight that shone through the tents fabric shell. By the flaps to the tent there was a basin of water and hanging on the edge of it was a bloody cloth. What had happened? Why couldn't... why couldn't he remember? Hiccup squeezed his eyes shut and tried to claw his way through his cloudy memory.

He had been down by the lake with Toothless and a squad of Berkians had attacked them and they were shot down. Wait Toothless! "Toothless!" He yelled in panic trying to sit up but almost blacked out from the pain he was feeling. The flaps on the tent opened and Hiccup squeezed his eye's shut when a beam of light hit them. "Your awake!" Said the voice full of relief and he could hear the person run to his side.

"Are you okay?" Astrid asked frantically as Hiccup opened his eyes trying to let his eyes adjust to the light that was still overwhelming even though the flaps to the tent had re-sealed. "I'm fine." Hiccup said in a raggedy voice. "Where's Toothless is he alright?" Astrid stepped back a few feet to give him some space and then answered him. "He's fine, your father had him locked up in a cage."

Tears began to form in Hiccups eyes. "Astrid he can't be in there, you have to believe me it's torture for him!" Astrid walked back up to him and placed her hand on his shoulder which sent a small shiver up his spine. "Hiccup he's okay. Trust me." She said trying to calm the frantic teen but Hiccup wouldn't not see him. "No I have to see him." He continued to say trying to sit up but each time he fell back and writhed in pain.

"Hiccup your in no shape to be up and walking." She said. "I don't care Astrid I need to see Toothless." He pleaded with her. "I need to know he's okay." He said and a single tear slipped from his left eye. "He is! I checked on him last night, he's fine." Astrids words calmed Hiccup down and he relaxed. "Astrid how long have I been out?" He asked. "A day, almost two." Astrid replied.

Hiccup looked down to the new wound he had. "Astrid?" He asked and she looked over to him. "How did I get this?" He asked. "Get what?" She replied not knowing what he meant. "This wound?" He tapped it lightly with his finger. "Did I get it from the crash, after Toothless was hit by the bola?" Astrid was silent but then she responded. "You don't remember how you got it?" Hiccup could hear the concern in her voice.

"No I don't, I was knocked unconscious right when we hit the wall so it must have happened in the crash right?" He looked up at her. "Astrid?" Hiccup could see on her face as the call of her name pulled her out of her own thoughts. "Umm yeah, it happened in the crash. After you were knocked out." She chocked out but by the way she said it made Hiccup suspicious.

"Astrid, Astrid where are you?" Hiccup heard his father call from outside the tent and his eyes flashed over to his helmet that was lying beside him. Hiccup tried to get his body to move to grab the helmet but he couldn't. The flaps opened and the large Viking entered. He froze in his tracks just like how Hiccup was frozen.

"Hiccup." He said and Hiccup swore that he heard sadness in his voice. If he was alive did that mean his father didn't want him dead? Stoick's eyes looked down to the reddening bandage on Hiccup and he saw sorrow on his fathers face. "Hiccup I'm so so-." He began but he was quickly interrupted. "Stoick no!" Yelled Astrid literally jumping between the two. "Stoick I need to talk to you." She said leading him out of the tent.

Hiccup could hear them whispering and he tried to focus in on there conversation but he could only make out something Astrid said to his father. "He doesn't remember Stoick, he doesn't remember how he got injured." What doss that mean?

(Authors Note)
Okay, okay yes I know this is a short chapter and I'm sorry for that. I've just have such a bad writing block I just can't really write but I felt as if I needed to get a chapter out so I'm sorry if this sucks. If anything doesn't make sense please tell me and I'm explain it. Ok that's all from me. -Samuel Scutter