Chapter Twelve

"Aguamenti," Newt pointed his wand towards a dish to fill it with fresh water. He let Eleanor wash her hand out as he got two pills and muddled leaves into a paste. He dried off Eleanors hand with a fresh cloth and placed the paste around her finger and bandaged her up. She took the pills Newt gave her and swallowed them with some tea.

"Better?" Newt asked.

"Much," Eleanor replied. She started hiccuping  which made Newt burst out laughing. She was a hot mess tonight and he loved it.

"I absolutely adore you Eleanor Baker," Newt said to her and kissed her lips. "Now let's get you to bed before you break a bone."

Newt tucked her in and went back down to finish feeding time for his creatures. Eleanor was out like a light and was emitting loud snores from the loft when Newt came back into the shack. He chuckled to himself hearing Eleanor snore. She made him so happy, he thought. He climbed up next to her and snaked his arm around her waist. He took this moment to appreciate their last night together in Antarctica and fell asleep with her in his arms.

Eleanor awoke the next morning and groaned so loud that Newt could hear it all the way in the bamboo enclosure. He laughed knowing she was probably hungover from last nights shenanigans. He slowly walked towards the shack and opened the door. Eleanor was still face down in bed with the covers drawn over her face.

"You alright El?" Newt asked. She groaned in response.

"I don't feel so good," Eleanor mumbled and she shot up and hopped out of the loft without even using the ladder, grabbed a bucket, and hurled in it. 

"Ah lovely El, that's charming." Newt said while walking over to her side and placing a hand on her back. He went to his cupboards and took out a kettle and some herbs. Eleanor heaved again into the bucket.

"Drink this please," Newt handed her a piping hot cup of tea.

"Newt I can't even think about what you're trying to give me right now. I'm just going to puke it back up," She moaned to him.

"Eleanor just take the cup and sip on it. You're so stubborn sometimes. You'll feel better, trust me." He pushed the cup into Eleanor's hands forcefully making sure she had a grip on it. "Drink it."

Eleanor put the cup to her lips and took a small swig. It tasted minty and she was thankful it wasn't something gross. She kept sipping on it as Newt watched her, making sure she was actually drinking it. With every sip, the pit in her stomach began to diminish and she felt normal again.

"See, I told you." Newt said and took the teacup back.

"Thanks," Eleanor muttered and stood up. Her head was still pounding and placed her hand on her forehead.

"Newt, I don't suppose you have something for a headache?"She asked him.

"Believe it or not I do." He handed her a pill and some water and she took it.

"We need to get upstairs. Our portkey leaves in 30 minutes." Newt stood Eleanor up and she changed into new clothes and grabbed her cloak. Her and Newt headed out of the case and into the tent. They packed everything they had in the tent and went outside.

"Good morning Henry," Eleanor said as Henry walked over. 

"Morning you two. I'm just coming to take down your tent. Got everything from it right?" He asked and they both nodded with their trunks in hand. With a wave of his wand, the tent was packed into a tiny pocket square and Henry placed it in his pocket.

"We've got to walk a bit that way to get to our kettle. We need to leave now if we want to make it on time," Samuel said while pointing over a snow bank. The group making their way to the portkey, all talking about the memories they made on this trip.

"Newt! You and Eleanor are quite the dance partners! We saw you guys swinging last night. Do you get out dancing much?" James said to the pair in front of them. They looked back and laughed.

"Actually, James, believe it or not, that was our first time dancing like that together," Eleanor replied. James gave her a wink and thumbs up and Henry looked mildly impressed.

"Ah there she is! Up ahead!" Nora yelled and pointed towards the kettle sitting on the ground. 

"Alright all, let's grab on." Samuel said while holding up the kettle. They all grabbed onto a part of the kettle and Newt wrapped his arm around Eleanor's waist and pulled her closer to him. The kettle began to rattle and like before, Eleanor closed her eyes and buried her head into Newt's shoulder. Eleanor stumbled into Newt when they arrived and looked him dead in the eyes.

"Are you gonna be sick again El?" He asked and she nodded. He led her away into a back alley in London and barfed in a corner.

"I've know you less than a month and have seen you puke three times. That's quite impressive," Newt said while patting her back. He gave her a few crackers and walked her back over to the group. They were all shaking hands and bidding farewells.

"I see you're a newby to portkeys Ellie?" Samuel asked with a cheeky grin plastered on his face.

"Afraid so," She replied and ate another cracker.

"Newt, Eleanor. It was lovely working with the two of you. I'm sure we will work together again. Goodbye everyone." Nora said while shaking Newt's hand and giving Eleanor a hug. She walked and apparated out of sight. James and Henry stepped up and squeezed Eleanor into a group hug and shook Newt's hand.

"Like Nora said, we'll be working together again soon. I'm sure of it." Henry said.

"It was a pleasure," James said while him in his brother linked arms and apparated away.

'Newt, my boy, as always it was great seeing you." Samuel gave Newt a hug.

"And Ellie, it was great catching up with you. Please keep in touch. I'm living over in Birmingham right now. Let me know if you're ever in the area." He gave Ellie a huge hug and shook Newt's hand again. Within a blink of an eye, he was gone and it was just Eleanor and Newt standing in an alleyway somewhere in London.

"Well Mr. Scamander. I guess this is goodbye," Eleanor said and Newt's eyes went wide. He didn't know when the next time he would see her would be. He just had the best few days of his life with this girl and now she was saying goodbye.

"Eleanor wait a minute." Newt said to her and she looked up into his eyes. She stared at them intently.

"What's that?" She asked.

"Eleanor Baker, the last thing I ever want to say to you is goodbye." He said while taking her hands in his. He took a deep breath.

"I can't believe I'm asking you this already and please don't feel obligated to say yes, but Eleanor... I absolutely love working with you. I don't want you to just go back to your apartment and do nothing there. I want you to come live with me in my apartment and help me care and research my creatures." Newt rambled off and looked at Eleanor for a response.

"El I'm asking you if you'd like to move in with me?" He finally said.