5

Dream was so caring with George, always making sure the dolphin was comfortable with what they were doing, before marking his body, making it his own canvas.

There were times that George would heal his marks, just to feel the shark aggressively put them back.

Some days, Dream asked to learn magic, which George happily agreed to. Soon their cave was littered with glowing particles....

They grew closer and closer, sharing secrets with one another even more, never hiding their current problems. When Dream found that George loved cod, the shark would always come over with some cod fish, George would smiled and hand him tuna, they would share their favorite fish together.

They were happy together....

------------------------------------------------

Wilbur sighed, it had been two weeks since he and the king had talked about George's daily disappearance, the jellyfish tightly gripped his trident. He wouldn't kill George, he could never kill the prince, but to keep the safety of his people, he would kill the shark, if there was one...
It was early morning when George had finally emerged from his room, his discolored eyes darting around before he swam off. The jellyfish slowly followed him, worried for his friend....

The dolphin prince stopped at a faintly lit cave, a large smile plastered on his face, "You're early!" he exclaimed, darting inside. There was a small groan, " I accidentally fell asleep here..." A low voice replied, chuckling lightly with George, Wilbur stayed behind, not wanting to look inside yet.

There were more words exchanged, soft and gentle, Wilbur smiled listening to George happily chirped to the other mer, even though he couldn't see, he was happy for the prince. He gripped his trident, then let out a quiet sigh.

Just a little longer.....

George was happy, he didn't need to ruin it.

He was preparing to swim away when he heard George lightly moan out a name, "C-Clay wait...." the jellyfish stopped, recognizing the name.

The shark prince, Clay

Presumed dead when they couldn't find the shark kings family after his death.

Wilbur narrowed his eyes, He didn't want to hurt George this way, but he couldn't let his kings secret be let out. He swam back, avoiding detection from the shark.

He softened at the sight

George holding up the shark's face, a small goofy smile on his face, the shark looking down lovingly at him, before giving the dolphin prince a deep kiss. Their tails were intertwined, which meant a lot in merfolk culture.

Wilbur hesitated, then shook his head, it didn't matter, he pulled his arm back, "SHARK SCUM!" He bellowed as he launched the trident.

The shark quickly reacted, grabbing George and moving out of the way of the trident, holding the prince tightly and close.

"W-Wilbur?!"

-----------------------------

George stared at his fathers advisor, feeling  Dream's grip tightening, "Ow... C-Dream.... You're hurting me..." he whimpered slightly, looking up at the shark, before realizing Dream wasn't paying attention. The sharks eyes were a deep shade of red, it was no longer soft, it was terrifying, George glanced back at Wilbur, who glared back at Dream. "Why don't you listen... Dream?" the jellyfish mocked, holding out his hand calling back the trident.

George lightly cupped his lovers face, "D-Dream.... hun this... this isn't you..." he softly called, trying to calm the shark down. He let out a scream of pain as the shark bit into his hand, harsh enough to tear off skin. Wilbur widened his eyes, before swimming to aid the prince, ready to strike the shark. Dream evaded every strike, letting go of George's hand to hiss loudly at the jellyfish, before bolting out of the cave, still holding the prince close.