114

"Miss, which of these gowns would you like to wear? " Marie asked after opening Angelina's spacious closet.

"That one." Angelina answered while pointing at a beautiful dark emerald green gown.

"Why not the red one miss? His grace gifted it to you three days ago. Miss will definitely look beautiful!" Marie touched the red gown she was speaking of. But Angelina disagreed.

It has only been a few days since the day of Oscar's funeral. It would be unwise for her to wear any bright colored clothes like red.

Angelina explained to Marie. Marie understood and obediently brought the dark emerald green gown to Angelina.

A knock came from the door.

Serina, who was originally standing by the side, opened the door.

It was the head maid.

A smile slowly formed on Angelina's face. She glanced at the head maid and said, "come in."

"Good morning youngest lady..." The head maid hesitantly walked inside while holding a stack of papers and books.

Angelina smirked as she stretched out her hand.

"Here are the maps of the mansion layout and the names of all the servants m'lady." The head maid handed the papers and book to Angelina.

Angelina flipped through the papers and pages of the books for a moment, before turning to the head maid and nodding in approval. "Very good. You've done well. You can leave now."

"....." The head maid gritted her teeth and bowed. She was just about to turn around and leave when Angelina stopped her.

"Wait." Angelina smiled, picked up a gold brooch on the vanity table, and reached out her hand to the head maid. "Have this. It fits you."

The head maid, her hands shaking slightly, took the gold brooch and smiled. "Thank... Thank you, your grace."

The head maid left happily.

**************
The academy entrance examination is hosted in the coliseum located behind the school. Many people were already there. Some had already taken their seats.

Angelina was taking in the view of the coliseum when she felt someone roughly knock her shoulders. She turned back and saw Alex.

"You better behave!" He scoffed.

"I think you should be saying that to someone else." Angelina sneered.

"Who?" Alex was confused.

"You. You need to make sure your big mouth can stop barking." Angelina glared at him.

"You!" Alex wanted to stop her, but Angelina had already left.

Angelina really couldn't bother to waste her time with Alex. She had much more important matters to deal with.

Eric signed up for the examination and was accepted. Angelina took advantage of the duke's desire to gain her favor and was able to persuade him to let Eric participate in the entrance examination.

At this moment Eric is most likely with other participants somewhere... Angelina suddenly felt worried. She took a glimpse of the participants earlier and most seemed to not be trustable.

She was worried Eric would be picked on. After all, he doesn't have much of a muscular build. After being taken care of by her, he no longer looked skinny and haggardly. But, physically, he looked much weaker than that of others.

He also has quite the rude and cold personality when facing a stranger. He would probably offend someone...

Angelina sighed.