Holidays

Amelia quickly ran up to the owlery to see if her parents had made the time to send her back a letter with an answer to the question she asked about Cedric coming home with her for the winter holidays

Amelia quickly ran up to the owlery to see if her parents had made the time to send her back a letter with an answer to the question she asked about Cedric coming home with her for the winter holidays. Amelia looked for the owl she had sent the letter with and saw that it had returned. She walked swiftly over towards the owl and lightly stroked it. "Thank you very much for taking the letter to them, can I have the letter they sent back please?" Amelia asked the owl who then dropped the letter in her hand and then flew towards the food and started pecking at it.

Amelia opened the letter accidentally ripping open the envelope.

Dear Amelia,

We would love to have Cedric come and stay with us during the holidays! We can get to know him better and your father wants to test out how much this boy actually likes you? We have been very busy lately. We have joined the order and have been making time for ourselves to go to each of the headquarters. Mrs. Weasley and I have been cooking together which is so fun. She has the best recipes so we swap with one another! Your father and Mr. Weasley got off to a ruff start but then they started to get along with one another when they cracked open the Rum... They are now inseparable. We can't wait to see you soon and get to know Cedric even more!

I love and miss you!

-mom

Amelia had jumped up in down out of excitement that Cedric was gonna be able to stay the holidays with her. She quickly marched back down the steps and towards the common room. She tickled the pear and the large picture opened and she stepped through. She looked around for Cedric and saw him reading his book and writing down notes for charms. Amelia walked over towards him and sat in the chair that was across from him. "Millie!" Cedric said excitedly and closed his book with a thud. "Why are you so smiley?" Cedric asked with a little laugh.

"My parents wrote back and they said you can stay with us for the holidays!" Amelia said excitedly and Cedric lit up. "That's amazing I was kinda dreading staying here alone!" Cedric said and grabbed the girls hand and gave it a squeeze. "I can't wait for you to see what I got you!" Amelia said excitedly.

"Give me a hint!" Cedric said and Amelia shook her head. "No way you will have to wait like everyone else!" Amelia said and then stood up and gave Cedric a light kiss on the lips. "Good night!" Amelia said and started to walk away but Cedric grabbed her hand. "One more please" he said and Amelia rolled her eyes and leaned in once again and kissed Cedric softly. "Goodnight love" he said and opened his textbook on charms once again and began to copy down notes on his parchment. Amelia walked up the steps and into the dorm and there Kendra and Maxine sat talking to one another. Both of their heads turned when Amelia walked in to the room.

"Hey Amelia?" Maxine asked and the two walked over and sat on Amelia's bed. "Yes?" Maxine looked at Kendra for a moment with a look of hesitation on her face. "How do you get guys to like you?" Kendra asked and Amelia smiled. "Please don't judge us we are just crave the love you and Cedric have I mean it's adorable!" Kendra yelled and Amelia laughed. "The fastest way to a mans heart is food!" Amelia simply stated and Kendra and Maxine looked at one another.