The Ideal Man

That night was definitely something else alright, but so like all other good things, it too must come to an end.

I woke up the following day on the same hotel, quite late into the morning already. Sunlight was already peering through the gap in the curtains and I could already hear the hum of engines coming from the cars below. As soon as I opened my eyes, it was the bright white aesthetic of the room that greeted me coupled with the faint scent of Soojin’s cherry perfume. Nevertheless, I had a really long sleep given the exhausting events of last night and that was all thanks to Soojin.

Speaking of Soojin, I honestly was expecting to see her beside me and sleeping as soon as I woke up. However, as I turned my body towards the direction where I remember I left her last night, it was only the crumpled, soft sheets of the hotel room that greeted me and she was nowhere near to be found. I scanned the place for a bit and even tried to listen through the silence in the hopes that I could pick up a soft trace of her taking a shower in the bathroom, but there was nothing but an empty silence. There were no signs of her clothes on the floor after I raised my head to check it, no sound from the bathroom, not even a sign that she might just be getting a dose of early morning sunshine and elected to stand on the balcony.

I highly doubted that last one though knowing she could easily be recognized as Seo Soojin even if she was using her name Ivy Kim for last night. I began to wonder how she even made inside the hotel without the tellers noticing who she was.

There was no Soojin. The only evidence of her presence the night prior was the lingering scent of cherry that stuck on the air. She was just gone.

I turned and sat on the bed and I realized I was still naked under the blanket. As I pull myself out of the sheets I noticed at the corner of my bed was my clothes from last night; folded neatly from my shirt, to my shorts, and even to my underwear all organized in a neat pile and waiting for me to wear them right there.

With that, I turned towards my phone in the hopes that Soojin left a message regarding her whereabouts, but before I could reach out for my cell on the table, I was immediately greeted by a neatly folded piece of paper with a strange-looking kiss mark on the front like someone just kissed it while wearing a bright red lipstick. I then fished it from the bedside table and flipped it over; a single statement there definitely told me who it was for.

Y/N

I immediately unfolded the paper and it was a short letter dedicated to me from Soojin herself, all in her handwriting. I assume that she wrote this sometime after we slept together last night. I am quite sceptical to open it knowing what its contents might hold with the fear that it might be the last thing I’ll receive from Soojin ever again.

But if that was the case, I better read it then.

Here we go…

Y/N,

I can’t even tell you how thankful I am for last night. With everything that happened between us, you still made my final wish come true. Everything has been said and done now, and I guess at this time it was already meant to be goodbye.

By the time you read this, I’m sure you are awake already and perhaps confused because you can’t find me anywhere. I want to apologize to you because I did not want to wait for you to wake up and so I decided to leave the hotel earlier than you could. I don’t I could take one more day waking up and not seeing you beside me; I doubt I could even bring myself to think about that. Plus, I don’t think it would be for the better of us both if we would leave the hotel at the same time.