Sunnyside Up Last Rise

I felt only anxiety. It was the night of the premiere of the last season of Sunnyside up. I had a normal red dress, perfect jewelry, hair and makeup but something was missing.

Maria walked into my hotel room. Before New Year we were left that Sean would be my plus one but I hadn't heard him for weeks.

I knew Stefan had text to him as soon as we got home even though Kylie had told him not to. Then I hadn't text him, neither did he.

I missed Sean, his presence, the way he made me laugh, wake up and find him playing the piano. Yet I'm felt that it wasn't meant to be, Sean was not to be missed especially now that he wasn't making himself heard to ask how I was, if our agreement had ended or whatever.

I had probably scared him and Maria had come to tell me that he didn't want to see me anymore. Maybe it was for the best, Sean and I had to stay apart.

-He will not come-
-I suspected it-
-Can I know what happened between you two?-
I hadn't said anything to Maria and Sean probably hadn't said anything to Rick.

I didn't want to say anything to anyone, he would have looked like the bad guy but he wasn't. He had been away when he realized that his presence scared me, he had called someone to help me, he had sing a song to calm me down. He wasn't the bad guy, but he was, somehow.

-I don't know yet-
-Try to agree, you cannot change your mind once a week-
-You can leave me alone-
She didn't hesitate and leave.

I wanted to go home, fuck the photographers, the cameras and the success. I wanted to go home and hide under the covers. I already knew the questions will be about future projects and Sean, nothing else.

I had spent these weeks distracting myself by going out with friends but it hadn't made me feel better. I didn't know what I felt or what I had to feel. Sean was not the right person for me and everyone knew it and yet I think it was inevitable for me to falling for him. He was not like my father, but will he become like him?

I picked myself up and left the room, I was an actress I had to act like one and pretend.

Sean

Turned on the computer and watched the live with Julian and Josh.

I was impressed with how beautiful she looked even with a simple red dress.
-Why didn't you go man?- I didn't even look up from the screen to look at Josh.
-Cause I'm not ready to see her-
Julian punched me in the arm.
-You're not ready? Dude I've never seen you engaged in anything like this. She must know and introducing you tonight would have been great-
-Not yet-

I turned up the volume to listen to the interview.

"-And here she is our little Kaycee. How are you girl?-
-I am alive-"

They both laughed at the joke but I  know Kaycee was sad, she just couldn't tell. Maybe I was the reason.

"-This is the end of the show that started your career. How do you feel about it?-
-A little sad, it always hurts to say goodbye. At the same time I am happy to have the opportunity to dedicate myself to something else-
-Like a love story?-
-More like a new project, or maybe myself-
-So there are no boys or girls in the picture?-
-I don't know, it's all so confusing right now-
-So is someone there? Are you just not official?-
-As I said, I don't know-
-Two years ago we were here talking about Caleb and you seemed so much more confident. Maybe you should take it as a signal-"

I saw Kaycee's face change. She had given me that look many times. It wasn't the night to piss off Kaycee Rice.

"-My relationship with Caleb was not the same as the one I am living now. Yes maybe it will be even more complicated but it does not mean that it's wrong. I don't want to go further by explaining something I want to keep to myself. Now excuse me but it's better if I go-"