Tsunami

"Theseus Innit, you're hero status has been revoked for the time being. You will move out of the Heroes Association tower immediately, and cut off all personal contact with other heroes," XD said, swiftly and decisively. He sat at his desk, wings blazing with energy to illuminate the otherwise dark room. He turned his attention from Tommy to the paperwork on his desk. This was the first and only thing he said in the meeting, a few seconds after Tommy walked in.

Tommy breathed out. Panic hit his stomach. Nausea dripped in his chest like the pitter patter of raindrops. His world- his purpose- his life- it had been ripped away from him. Tommy felt bile rise his throat, crawling slowly like a spider ready to jump out of his mouth.

"Sir-" Tommy tried to speak before the vomit wretched itself free from his body. Instead of that puke, a sob subdued into a whimper escaped Tommy. He covered his mouth, his lips trembling while tears surfaced in his eyes. Never before had he wished for his mask more than that moment.

XD held up a hand to silence the boy. "If you don't leave now, I will have security escort you out. Try to retain some dignity, Theseus."

Tommy stood up with enough force to knock the chair down. Some tears escaped his eyes. Tommy grabbed his backpack, struggling to put it around his arms while his body was shaking. With everything done, Tommy slammed open XD's door, shooting out of the room with all his pent-up emotions being burned as energy. Tommy was pretty sure he heard someone call his name, but he didn't stop until he was a few blocks from the building.

Tommy let out a low scream as he slammed his fist onto a lamp post. Pain bloomed against his fingers as the metal let out a low pitched groan. Tommy curled in on himself, sitting at the foot of a bench instead of on the bench. Tommy let the tears fall as he tried to figure out what had just happened.

This was really short on purpose!!