Chapter 12

Aaron and I returned to the stables after the ride, and he excused himself to get ready fort the report. I hurried to my room, since I had to get ready for the report as well. My maids were already setting my dress out for me to put on, and I stepped into the dress.

It was a champagne color and hugged my body until flaring out in waves. The skirt layers shimmered when I moved. Cecelia curled my hair and swept it off to the side, while Diana did my makeup. It was light gold eyeshadow, barely dusting my eyelids. A faint reddish color layered itself over my lips, careful not to dye them, but color them.

"Hurry up and put your shoes on," Mary rushed. "It's almost time for you to go!"

I slipped my heels into the strappy heels, but I didn't see why I needed extravagant shoes. I could go barefoot and nobody would even notice. My heels tapped the marble hallways and I turned a corner to see Kiara, Jade, and Lilly standing idly by.

"Hey," I greeted. "Where's Kay?"

"She should be joining us any second," Kiara assured.

"Well, it's getting pretty late," Jade contradicted.

"Shut up, I'm sure it's fine," teased Lilly.

A voice cleared their throat at the top of the staircase, and Brenda stood with her white blouse tucked into her pencil skirt, all tied together with her signature bun. "Ladies, if you would begin walking towards the car, we'll be going to the Report now."

"Is this everyone?" A voice piped up. I believe her name was Jasmine.

"Yes," Brenda responded tiredly. "Now please, the car if you would."

I did a quick head count before turning back to Kiara, Lilly, and Jade. "20 including us four, and I didn't see Kay anywhere." We exchanged worried looks as we all shuffled into the car.

The rest of the car ride was agony. The other 16 girls were trying to talk above each other about their date with Aaron, and I was sick of it. I was the third one out of the car, and we all walked in a single file line into the broadcasting station.

We were seated in the VIP, reserving five seats for the Royal family. The theme music for the Report opened triumphantly with Gavril behind his desk. The Royal family sat across from them, and Queen America and King Maxon held hands. I distracted myself as usual for the news and such, but then Gavril started asking about the selection,

"So, Queen America, can you say this was similar to your selection?"

"Yes, Gavril. It's been pretty hectic, but it's been amazing to get to know all of these ladies. I've been really sad to so some of them go, and I see how it's impacted the other selected.

"If my sources are correct, Prince Aaron, then you really have sent home 15 girls in one week?"

He out on a smile to answer the question. "They are. Some of them were homesick and asked to leave, but I also sent home that I didn't feel a mutual connection with. I felt it was better to send them home now than to lead them on until later."

"Well said, Prince Aaron. After the break, we'll be doing a quick interview with all of the selected. Stay tuned for more!"

People rushed out on stage to fix Gavril's makeup and ushered all of us into a single file line in the order we would go on stage. The break ended and music sounded back. All of the other selected had gone except for me and Kiara, and we were both nervous.

Kiara smoothed down the blue satin on her dress and shook out her hands. "You'll be great," I assured her. The stage director motioned for her to go on.