Chapter 13

The day came for them to go to Stohess District and capture Annie Leonhart. Sunako walked through the hallways, wearing her uniform, this time she wasn't placed to subdue the Female Titan. Instead, she was placed on standby by Commander Erwin. She wasn't disheartened much, in fact, she understood her place. Sure, she's considered an asset for humanity due to her unquestionable skills, however, she's also a head medic. So she was to be placed in a carriage with Levi and two men from the Military Police due to Levi's supposed leg injury as it was expected of her as a medic.

The petite woman now stood in front of her captain's door, her smile ever-present as usual as she lifted her hand to knock. They weren't able to talk much after visiting her squad's families and the plan to capture the Female Titan. It's understandable since they have to prepare for the capture, plus dealing with the amount of paperwork and her job as head medic. However, she couldn't help but feel concerned. She may have felt that Levi was consciously trying to avoid her for some reason. Surely, it must be just her overthinking about it, right?

"Enter." She heard his voice on the other side of the door and opened the door, entering her captain's office. There, she saw him, drinking his usual black tea and clad in a black suit, plain white shirt, dress shoes, and the infamous cravat that he often wears. In all honesty, it was rare for him to dress in casual attire unless he's off-duty which is also rare of him.

"The military escorts are gonna arrive soon." Sunako informed.

Levi hummed in response until he spotted her eyes staring at him in a slightly quizzical look. "What the f*** are you looking at?"

Sunako sighed and shook her head before approaching him. "Seriously, your choice of words is why nobody likes you. Now, hold still." She said. Grey eyes watched as she stood in front of him, her hand went to his cravat and started fixing it. "Your cravat is crooked." She promptly said. She knew how he hated his cravat being crooked as he let her be.

It was silent between them. Her onyx eyes were focused on fixing his cravat as Levi watched her small fingers nimble and maneuver on his cravat. At this moment, he caught a glance of a woman she could've been. A woman who wasn't raised in warfare, a woman who wasn't burdened by the name of her clan, a woman who could make a man happy to be his wife, a woman who expresses her emotions freely and live a blissful life. But he knew that she wasn't like that.

The more he stared at her, the more he recalled the events that transpired in her memories. How she was trained as a child soldier, how she was burdened to carry on the Uchiha name, how she lost people that she loved, how she kept all of her emotions hidden. When he stared at her face, he remembered her bloodied form all alone in the rain with no one else beside her as she died.

His train of thoughts was interrupted when Sunako spoke. "You know, we haven't talked to each other for a few days."

"What can you expect? We've been busy preparing to recapture that Titan Bitch for the past few shitty days. If all else fails, civilian casualties will increase and the Scout Regiment's funding would take a dire hit." Levi said. The petite woman was quite disappointed that he didn't grasp what she meant. Did he intentionally avoid her for the past few days? If so, why?

"I'm aware of that." Sunako said. "I'm just worried about Eren. Although he agreed on this operation, deep down, he still believes that Annie is not the Female Titan that we're after." She added, voicing out her concerns to him. Levi didn't say anything in response as Sunako finished up fixing his cravat with a satisfied glint in her eyes. "That should do it."

"We should go now." She added. The duo left his office as they walked through the hallways.

Levi touched his cravat a bit. Sunako did well in fixing up his cravat, though he would've done it himself. "Do you plan to do things freely again?" Levi questioned her, his usual scowl evident on his face. "After all, you tend to act recklessly whenever you wished for."