Chapter Two

You stare at the golden-haired merman, trying to process the fact that you have been kidnapped by that mystical creature with less effort.

Fear and sadness are what you are experiencing, that creature killed your parents and their friends, but not only that, he also ate them.

"Please, don't eat me" you plead, backing away into the corner of his cove, trying to distance yourself as much as you could away from him.

"Don't worry, I don't eat children...except if they are rude" your eyes widen.

"You aren't defiant, are you?"
Delta teases you, not realizing how much his words made you worried.

"No" you mumble out, as he swims closer to you.

"Then there aren't going to be any problem in following my order, my sweet child"

He places both of his hands on your cheeks, bringing you closer to him.

"Am I correct?" His dark tone along with his long sharp nails almost stabbing your skin, indicated danger.

"Yes," you say meekly, causing his smirk to widen.

The thought of even trying to escape vanishes, there is no way you could try to escape him.

Because simply, you are a human child and he is a bloodthirsty siren.

Plus his threat is more than enough to have to obey him, you don't even want to imagine the aftermath of fleeing.

"Good, now let me put you to sleep" he suddenly leans against the wall of the cove, after dragging you against his embrace.

He pats your head gently, before starting to sing in the most soothing and enchanting voice ever.

Yet the lyrics held a very different sinister meaning.

Hush, child, the darkness will rise from the deep.

And carry you down into sleep
Child, the darkness will rise from the deep.

And carry you down into sleep.

His voice sent shivers down your spine, yet comforted you at the same time, as you let yourself relax.

Guileless son, I'll shape your belief

And you'll always know that your father's a thief.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief.

But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

You immediately recognize the lullaby, it was Mordred's lullaby.

Guileless Son, your spirit will hate her.

The flower who married my brother the traitor.

And you will expose his puppet behavior.

For you are the proof of how he betrayed her loyalty.

Your eyes slowly close as you drift off into a deep sleep in the embrace of your new father.

Delta smiles down at you, glad that he has scenarios put you to sleep.

"Don't worry, I'm gonna eat anyone who dares to steal you away from me"