Chapter 1

Leaving the operating room, the young woman wearing the blue scrubs   directly headed to her office, allowing her colleague to inform the   family outside the room about the results of the operation

Leaving the operating room, the young woman wearing the blue scrubs directly headed to her office, allowing her colleague to inform the family outside the room about the results of the operation.

Entering the lady's washroom she took of her bloody hand gloves, threw them in the dustbin, turned on the basin, and splashed water on her face.

The consequences of working hours upon hours were visible in her body. She looked at herself in the mirror. Pale face, dark circles under her eyes, furrowed eyebrows, fatigue were evident on her face. A yawn of exhaustion left her mouth. She sighed deeply. Washing her face again, she left from there to her cabin.

In her beige-themed cabin, slightly to the left was her rustic wooden table, on top of that was her MackBook, a lamp, a pen holder, and some other papers. A small closet behind it. Not far from the table was a large window. Since her room was on the 5h floor and there were no big buildings around the hospital as the area around it was pretty much open. Thus sunlight could easily enter the room through the window and illuminate the room naturally. On the right were a hospital bed and a clock on the wall. An ensuite bathroom at the far corner of the room.

Entering her cabin, she kept her stethoscope on the table thus her gaze went to a certain photo that made her lips adorn in a smile. Only a photo of him was enough to make her smile happily.

Taking her clothes from the closet she was about to enter the washroom to change but a nurse burst through her door suddenly, panting heavily.

"It's an emergency," she breathed out.

"But it's past my working hour." She furrowed her eyebrows confused.

"But ma'am the supervisor has asked for you. You have to attend this one too," the nurse said sadly as she knew how tired the doctor was.

"Ok, you go. I am coming."

The nurse nodded and left the cabin.

She couldn't deny it, she had to do it as it was her job, her life. The life of Dr. Habiba Abedin.

Her profession was not easy for her as it took a lot of hard work. since it was stressful emotionally. She had to go through a lot.

Seeing them cry and their heart-wrenching wail wasn't something that she enjoys in her job. But those were not enough for her to give up.

The happiness that reflected in their eyes and the bright smile on their faces made her feel like she had won a battle.

That's why she never gave up, no matter how hard the situation was. Even though she was losing the battles of life, she was still winning.

Habiba puffed out a breath and pouted as her kingpin boss asked for her again.

With a screaming stomach demanding food, she dragged her feet to the operating room, ignoring the stomach's protest.