Chapter Thirty-Two

Location: Korean Navy Base
Date: September 16th, 1950
Name: Stephen Dale Curtis
Age: forty

July 1, 1950

'To my beautiful princess,

I miss you more than words can explain. I didn't know the extent of my obsession(it's healthy) with you until now.

When we finally reunite, I won't leave your side. I'll be like your conjoined twin, who just so happens to be your husband.

I also didn't know how spoiled I am with your sweetness. Every morning I prepare myself to be greeted with a kiss and your lovely voice, but my dreams are crushed by the hideous voices of the men around me.

In all seriousness, I love you, my princess, my wife.

I pray for you every day and think of you all the time.

It won't be too long, my sweet.

Yours,
Dale.

Ps. I miss holding you.'

July 5, 1950

'Happy birthday to my amazingly handsome husband!

I miss you more than I can handle, but I will be waiting for your return.

It makes me smile to know of your obsession, it's a little weird, but I love it anyway. And I'm ready to have you by my side, it's a mutual feeling.

I'm sorry that you have to deal with men instead of me, but I hope you enjoy this gift. I want you to always remember me, I know you won't forget, but still.

Please stay safe, I know that it's out of your control, but please. I love you, my Dale.

I love you, I love you, I love you.

May God be with you, my love.

Yours,
Eleanor.

Ps. I miss seeing you in white button-ups.'

July 9, 1950

'My princess,

I don't know how you figured out it was my birthday, but thank you. Your gift put a smile on my face. The guys even asked me about it, I told them to go away off.(I'm lying)

It feels like it's been years since I last held you, you're my very own love-muffin, princess.

Moving on, I miss you.

I miss seeing your pretty smile. I miss seeing you blush. I miss hearing your voice. I miss holding you in my arms. I miss the feeling of your fingers in my hair. I just miss you, darling.

It won't be too long. This time apart will seem so minuscule once we're back together. Please don't be upset, but if you are, it's okay. Express your emotions, don't hold them in.

I love you.

I miss you.

You are my world. My obsession.

Your loving and handsome husband,
Dale.'

-