Chapter Thirty Four

They ended up falling asleep at 2am but it was the best night's sleep they ever had. No longer having to keep a pillow between them, they were able to hold onto each other and cuddle as they slept. Even just waking up in each others arms made them feel so grateful and they would never take it for granted.

The morning was just as wonderful as the night. Shigure showered first so that Amai could rest for a bit longer before going in herself. By the time she freshened up and came out, she could smell the wonderful aroma of breakfast. She went to the kitchen and saw Shigure making the tea to have with breakfast, which made her smile. Going to him, she held him from behind and rested her head on his back.

She breathed out calmly. "This is exactly how I imagined my future with you. Simply...peace."
He smiled at her words. "It truly is more wonderful than any book ever written."
"We've written our own story," she giggled quietly, "as cheesy as that sounds."
"Cheesy but true," he agreed with a light chuckle. "Let's eat."

They sat together and enjoyed their breakfast whilst they spoke about the wedding. Ayame would be visiting later on to begin the planning and Shigure was just as excited. It's what they had been waiting for. They had become separated for four years simply because he wanted to marry her. And the person who had cursed their relationship had now blessed their future. Back then it felt like a farfetched, fairytale dream. But they prevailed and it was more beautiful than ever.

After relaxing together for a while longer, they decided to make their way back home. Upon arriving, they entered the living room to find Hatori reading a newspaper and the kids watching TV.

"We're hooooome~" Shigure sang.
"Welcome back!" Tohru greeted joyously.
Hatori looked up from his newspaper. "It's good to see you both home."
"Thank you for taking the time to stay here last night," Amai said as they knelt down at the table.
He shook his head. "It was the least I could do."
"Aya will be coming later to discuss the wedding," Shigure said.
"Great," Kyo huffed sarcastically. "That's gonna be fun."
Amai laughed and swung her arm around his neck before giving him a noogie. "No one's asking you to be a part of the planning."
"Let go!" Kyo fought to push her arm off him until he was finally free. "You're so annoying!"
"That's rich coming from you."

Kyo growled at her whilst she simply stuck her tongue out at him. Tohru quietly laughed at their shenanigans whilst Shigure, Yuki and Hatori sweat dropped. Their relationship hadn't changed one bit. They enjoyed annoying each other but they were like the best of friends at the same time.

Yuki looked towards Amai. "If there is anything you need, do not hesitate to ask. We're still off school for a couple of weeks but since exams are over, school won't be so demanding so we'll be free to help in any way."
"You truly are the sweetest, Yuki. I'll definitely ask you if we need anything."
Tohru stood up. "I'm going to get started on lunch."
"I'll give you a hand."

Amai got up and went to the kitchen with Tohru, closing the door behind them. With Amai out of the room, Shigure took the chance to discuss something with the others.

"I was thinking of doing a surprise dinner for Amai," he told the others. "Not only is she going to be a member of our family by name, but she's also done a lot for us."
Hatori nodded. "I agree. Do you have any suggestions on where you would like to take her?"
"Her favourite restaurant is the Amethyst Garden. It's where we had our first date and I took her there the day I proposed to her."
"I'll call them and reserve it for a party of 20 and let the others know about the surprise."
"Thanks, Tori. I'll tell her it's a date. She's going to be so happy," he smiled, imagining the joy on her face.
"I can't believe you and Miss Amai are finally going to get married," Yuki spoke softly.
"Yeah, it's about time," Kyo agreed.
"I feel the same way," Shigure said with a smile.