(29) Numb

TW: blood
NOT EDITED!! PLEASE IGNORE ANY MISTAKES <3
THANK YOU FOR READING! DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!
ENJOY!
-The Day Of The Party-

-7pm-

"Hello,thank you for coming" Charlotte said smiling at the couple who came with their kid, she recognized the kid as one of her students.

The student smiled and greeted her by saying, "Hello teacher, thank you for inviting me."

Charlotte kept the smile on her face, but if you didn't look carefully you would miss the hint of exhaustion in her eyes.

Thankfully her husband, Erza, noticed and asked her with worry in his voice, "Charlotte, are you okay?"

As he wrapped his arm around her waist she suddenly felt a hint of displeasure for some reason, but didn't throw the arm off.

"I'm fine, I just stayed up a little late yesterday."

A little late, more like until 3am. Her nightmares accompanied her throughout the night until she had to force drink herself some tea to calm down her nerves and sleep.

She had a lingering feeling in her heart, like something bad was going to happen today. She felt nervous and had to check everything in the venue twice just in case something bad happens.

She also made the guards check all the guests, so that they wouldn't bring any secret weapons in the venue.

Erza thought she was being too paranoid, but still said nothing, waiting for her to feel comfortable enough to tell him what's on her mind.

Ever since Erza got the memories from his past life, and figuring out he was reincarnated into a novel he ( embarrassingly ) read, he decided to try an become a decent father.

It was hard though, since before he got his memories, he had no attactchment to Xaviar and Vice versa.

But Xaviar acts so much like his little brother of his past life, they talk the same and even look exactly alike.

Now, you could just say that it's just Xaviar's character in the novel, but Erza felt like this was a second chance to save his brother. In his last life, his family got killed by a burglary and he was only 17 when he died while his brother was only 7.

But, even if his brother didn't reincarnate as his son, that's still his son in this life.

So, Erza made an attempt to get a bit closer to prevent Xaviar from going onto the bad route, while also ignoring his parents, although they weren't bad, he didn't get the feeling of familiarity as he did with Xaviar.

Their relationship beame better, but not as close as Erza hoped.

Well, until he met Charlotte.

Right when he saw her walk down the aisle he knew that wasn't the original Charlotte.

Her eyes looked, different, and the aura around her seemed different than the one she had described in the book.

Even though she died early, she had some descriptions. If he never read the book he probably wouldn't notice anything different.

She what one sentence describe about her in the book, and that was a scheming witch.

The Charlotte in front of him doesn't seem so....scheming? Although Charlotte had a tiny description in the novel, it was still not even close to the Charlotte in front of him.

"Maybe she reincarnated too?" He thought.

But, Erza got rid of the idea of her reincarnating when she started spitting some bull about how her 'heart was hurt' and looked surprised when she figured out her uncle tried to poison her.

Although it wasn't mentioned in the main book, if you read the extras ( Charlotte: I didn't for your information! ) you would know the Uncle poisened her, everyone just put the blame on Erza, but he didn't care enough to clarify.

Although in this life he did go along with it, he didn't expect Charlotte to act different. So he kept a close eye on her, and discovered her to be more abnormal and stupid as he observed.

But, he still grew to love her.

When he came out of his thoughts he noticed Charlotte was gone, but said nothing, thinking she was looking for the birthday boy.

It wasn't until its been an hour in and Charlotte hasn't appeared.....

-8 pm-

Erza looked around the venue, as being the only sober one he took the time to search around for himself, not even attempting to ask the drunk guests.

Even the kids were drunk, it didn't surprise him much since kids can drink in this world, but it did make him a bit frustrated.

Seeing that no one in the hall could help him, he decided to look around the outside, but then, suddenly, the hall became dark.

The hall used magic to light up the venue. It shouldn't black out in normal circumstances.

Then, there was a loud thump CRASH, and when everyone looked forward they saw a body drenched in blood laying on the broken table.

Only a few people close to the area saw it, but they were shocked into silence. It was only silent for a moment before the lights turned back on, and screams echoed through the venue.

"G-Guards! W-What In The World!?"

"AAAHHHH"

"Help! He's Dying!!"

Erza just stared in shock, not registering that the bloodied body was a very familiar figure.

Meanwhile, Charlotte was in another area, staring in shock as she saw the events unfold before her.

She sat still as the figure covered in blood slowly walked towards her.

"I did it because of you, if you just listened to me, he wouldn't have died."

"You killed him" The figure continued, looking down at the distressed sight of his mother.

Charlotte wasn't paying attention, only staring at the knife in his hand, dripping in blood, serving as evidence of the event that just transpired.

"We have to go now, don't want them to catch us do we?" The figured smiled, grabbing Charlotte and dragging her through a magic portal.

Charlotte let herself be dragged, it was like she was in a dream, she wished it was only a dream.

She watched as the portal grew smaller, a lone tear sliding down her cheek.

It was all her fault, she...killed him?

That's the only thought in her mind, as her body slowly lost consciousness.

A/N: Don't worry, everything will be revealed in the next chapter.

Oh also sorry for the late update, you know it's exam time and I was putting my focus on that.

But thankfully school is almost over! I plan o putting all my focus on this book in the summer, I hope to complete this book by August!

This arc is almost over and the next arc is the last one :( I'm so sad but also excited to show you all what I have planned! Anyways see you all next week!