44- The Third Task

The third task arrived much sooner than you anticipated. Before the task even began, Harry would come to you and Hermione for help in remembering certain spells and learning new ones. According to Harry, it was supposed to be a maze. Which sounded far less difficult than the first two tasks.

Harry did well with the spells, but he had become distracted in the days following Rita's publication of yet another story about him. "I'm curious how she obtained so much information. Do you think she has an invisible cloak (y/n)?"

"Well, I doubt it because you said Moody can see through invisible cloaks."

"Yes," he replied quickly.

"Well, if that were the case, I believe she would have been captured by now. Let's worry about that later; the third task is scheduled for tomorrow. Do you remember the spell for a boggart?"

"Yup, ridiculous."

"Brilliant. How about a-"

"(Y/N)!" you heard someone say. "Please let us through; we'll be quick."

"I'm not going to. No password, no entrance!" yelled the Fat Lady.

"Okay, then! We'll just scream until she hears us."

"You do that, and I'll notify the-"

The fat lady's speech was cut short by what sounded like three people shouting your name. The very small students in the commons turned to face you and Harry. You paused your work and went outside to find Roger, Aurora, and Adrian yelling.

"(Y/N)! Oh, you're there!" Roger smiled. "I was afraid you couldn't hear us. The Fat Lady would not let us pass."

"Trust me, the entire Gryffindor dormitory heard."

"Right. Anyway, we came to see if you'd join us in wishing Diggory luck. Then, if you don't mind, we can come back here and possibly have a sleepover." Aurora spoke quietly because the Fat Lady was close enough to hear.

"Yeah, of course! Just give me a second, I was helping Harry." You returned inside and told Harry what had happened. He said it was fine and that he would ask Hermione to finish helping him.

After leaving, you all went up to the Hufflepuff common room and wished Diggory luck for the final task. Then you all returned to the Gryffindor common room, where you would all be sleeping. Everyone got cozy after stocking up on blankets and pillows. You all managed to construct a blanket fort, which struggled to stay up but did so with the help of a few spells.

The fort was in the corner of the common room and was difficult to see if you entered or exited the room. Aurora then cast a Silencing charm around the fort, ensuring that no Prefect, Headboy, or Headgirl could hear anything.

"That should do it," Aurora said as she sat down next to you and Cedric.

"Does anyone happen to have a Butterbeer?" Rogers asked.

"Yes, I do!" You revealed, taking out a pack of Butterbeers, causing everyone to cheer.

As butter beers were passed around, Roger began bragging about his phenomenal Quidditch capability. Soon, he and Aurora were arguing about who had the better team. Of course, Cedric joined in as a backup for Aurora. You and Adrian were discussing what Fleur had told you while they were arguing. Of course, he said you should tell George, but only during break, because Liana might make the remaining days difficult.

Fairly shortly after, the subject shifted to him and Aurora. Not long after that, all of you were questioning his and Aurora's situation.

"I mean, I saw you two snogging a few weeks ago." Cedric kept everyone updated. The pair of them were obviously taken aback by this revelation, as they both stopped to look at each other.