CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX.

As always, Liliya woke up before the sun had even risen. Daish was sleeping peacefully against her chest but he seemed to be warm still at least. His hands wrapped around her, finding comfort. His black hair was messy and dirty. She wondered how long he had been out here walking aimless. She almost felt sorry for the young boy. She wanted to let him sleep but she knew better. If they were getting out, they needed to go now.

"Daish, we need to get up now," She whispered softly as she shook his shoulders. The boy seemed to groan, adjusting his position as he let out a soft breath. The redhead chuckled softly before she shook his shoulders again and he opened his eyes. He stared up at her, meeting her gaze with his own sleepy look, "Do you remember the plan I had?" She asked. Daish nodded and that's all it took. He pulled the kefta from around him and held it out for her. Liliya smiled and then moved to stand up.

Stretching her arms above her head, she stretched the sleep from her limbs and glanced over at the door. Daish was already stood by it, looking out to see if anyone was around. There wasn't any movement and the other room seemed to be dark. That's exactly what they needed but Liliya would still use the shadows to help her.

The two then walked up to the door and she held her hand out. Daish took it and she smiled at him before she called on her shadows. It was difficult with one hand but Daish pushed the door open and the shadows swarmed. Filling the room completely. If anyone was in there, it would become impossible for them to see. Though all of this accounted for Isaak not being awake or around anymore. She hoped that he had left.

They were silent and Daish gripped her hand tightly as they moved through the room. They needed to get as far away as possible and it all started with leaving the room. Liliya let the shadows guide her towards the door and she took a hold of the handle, pulling it open. It was gloomy outside but the sun was slowly rising in the distance.

There were a few rays of sun peaking over the horizon but Liliya didn't let herself get caught up. Instead she let her shadows fall and stepped away. The pair moving across the grounds in search of the horses that they had heard. Then she heard it. Muttering in Shu and two people walked out from the edge of the forest.

Liliya's heart stopped but she grabbed Daish and yanked them both behind the wall. Her heart thudding as she heard the men walk by. They hadn't spotted them and she was thankful. Daish was silent, his eyes wide and his fingers gripping her as tightly as he possibly could. It was almost like he was scared of letting go.

Liliya moved to stand up and spotted the horses. They were tied up by a tree a few metres away so they quickly rushed towards it. Their steps were cautious but quick. They wouldn't take two. They just needed one. It would be better that way. Her kefta would protect them both from the bullets that could come for them.