[1] - 𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘯'𝘵 𝘸𝘦 𝘢 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘳?

• • • 1950's • • •

A RAY OF SUNLIGHT came through the crevice of the curtains and lit up where Y/N laid in bed. He opened his eyes, letting out a yawn and stretching out his arms. He turned his head and looked at the other bed on his left, noticing it was empty.

"Where has my wife gone?" He asked himself, "Did I sleep in?"

Y/N got up from the bed and opened the curtains. Based on the sun, it seemed like it was about 7 o'clock in the morning. It was the usual time he woke up, so it came as a relief knowing he didn't sleep in.

The man went to the bathroom and did his usual morning routine, then went back to the room after showering and changed into his usual work attire. As he fixed his tie, he looked at the picture frame of his wife and him on the dresser. A smile grew on his face as he reminisced

"Ah. What a great time we had at the park. New York should be at the top of our travel list."

Y/N nodded at his own reflection in the mirror as he finished getting ready. Walking out of the bedroom, he picked up yesterday's newspaper from the table in the hallway and started walking down the stairs.

He made his way through the living room and into the kitchen, opening the door while reading the paper. He glanced up for a split-second, seeing a plate hovering towards his face. He quickly used his intangibility and the dish phased through him, shattering upon impact at the wall behind him.

"My wife and her flying saucers." Y/N remarked with a smirk as he looked at Wanda in the kitchen.

She smiled, "My husband and his impalpable form."

Y/N chuckled at the joke of his ghost-like abilities. He walked over and planted a kiss on the side of her head. "Aren't we a fine pair?"

Wanda used her own powers to rebuild the shattered plate, then started floating it along with others back into their places.

"What do you say to silver dollar pancakes, crispy hash browns, bacon, eggs, freshly squeezed orange juice, and black coffee?" She asked.

"I'd say you work too hard, darling. Just give me a coffee and I'll be ready for the day."

Wanda looked in the fridge and saw that there was nothing in it. She quickly closed it and looked back over to her husband, "Coffee it is, honey."

Y/N folded his newspaper as he looked ahead at the calendar on the wall. He raised his brow, "Wanda?"

"Hmm?"

"Is there something special about today?"

She looked down at her clothes, "Well, I know the apron is a bit much, dear, but I am doing my best to blend in."

Y/N put the paper down on the table as he pointed, "No, no, there on the calendar. Someone's drawn a little heart right above today's date."

Wanda got in front of the calendar to look at it and Y/N placed his hands on her shoulders.

"Oh, yes, the heart."

"Hmm..."

"Well, don't tell me you have forgotten, Y/N."

"No...obviously not." Y/N began to think. What was special about today? He only knew that his brother, Vision, was going to come over but that was going to be tomorrow.

"Well?" Wanda asked.

"Well? Perhaps you have forgotten yourself."

"Me? Heavens, no. I've been so looking forward to it."