Chapter 33- Family Day Out

(A/N- Recommend playing some sad music for the first part of this Chapter.)

Third Person

'A few years ago...'

Stella sat infront of the hospital window, the only thing that seemed to give her that bit of freedom that she ached for.

Her eyes peered up at the star lit sky. A small breeze coming into the room as the window was slightly ajar.

The noise of the door opening caught her attention. Lance's famous smile that had originally caught her attention in the first place, All those years back. In his hands were two hot chocolates.

Lance's looked at his wife who sat before him. Her frame thin and her skin now pale. Nothing like the lively women he knew. But he loved her no matter what. Entering the room more and closing the door behind him.

Lance carefully handed Stella her own hot chocolate. Making sure she had a steady grip on the cup before taking the free seat beside Stellas, it also faced out the window.

Lance kept his eyes trained on Stella, watching her take careful sips. Blowing on the hot drink every so often. Stella's eyes trained out the window.

In her head, her and Lance were in the middle of a feild. Laying down on long grass as they looked up at the night sky. The kids off with a babysitter. But that's only in her imagination.

Her eyes close for a brief second as she tries to hold back her tears. A warm hand is placed on her frail cheek. Opening her eyes, she met with the adoring eyes of Lance.

Stella let's out a shaky breath as she places her hand on top of Lance's. Interwinding their hands. Lance takes the hot liquid off her, setting down the cup. Along with his own.

"Lance after I go, I want you to find love and happiness." Stella looks directly into Lance's eyes. She watches as his face contorts to confusion.

"Why would I do that? When you will be okay." Lance asks, hope still in his heart.

Stella's hand is colder then Lance's as she gives it a squeeze. Unleashed tears gloss her green eyes. Shaking her head in disbelief. "Lance let's not pretend. Not here, the kids aren't around. We know it will happen. I just need you to promise me."

Lance shakes his own head. "I-I can't. It won't happen. You will get through this."

Stella brings his hand up to her lips. Pressing a cold kiss onto the back of his hand as tears stream down her cheeks. "It's okay." She placed her hand on Lance's slightly stumbled cheeks. Her thumb rubbing over his cheek bone.

Her heart broke seeing the pools of tears in her husbands eyes.

"You have to promise me. Lance you have such a long life to live, something I wasn't given the chance to do. I want you to find love and happiness again." Her voice cracking as the lump in Stella's throat grew.

Their foreheads now resting on eachother. Lance's hands now rested on both of Stella's frail, cold cheeks. While her hands rested on his warm, stubble cheeks.

"Please." Her words came out in a merrly whisper.

Lance looked directly into Stella's green eyes. Tears now running down his own cheeks. He searched for something. Some sort of hope he could cling onto. But he couldn't see anything. Stella had too lost hope.