Chapter 29: Charades

#1007

" Oh! God, I can't believe it. Aman, you did it again." Frustration was evident on Rose's pretty little face as she jolted from her seat to fight. Games Nights can be pretty rough and it is even worst if we're divided into teams. Tonight, Aman and Rose were opponents. 

" No, I did not." Aman gave her his cutest dimpled smile as if that would soothe the aggression but it did not. It never does when you're playing games that too Dumb Charades. 

" YES! You did. You're not only a cheater but also a liar. I saw your lips moving so clearly. C'mon!"  

Aman is such a liar but I dare say nothing because this one is in my team.
Rule 101 of playing in a team: You gotta support your team member no matter what. Even if he's the biggest cheat of all. So, the chaos began. It was Aman, Kyle and me against Rose, Ayan, Zee and Kyra. 

" Rosie, don't be a sore loser." 

" Good God! Such an ass..."

" Hey!"

" Guys, Guys... Please," it was Ayan trying to put some water over the fire but it was no use, "Aman, we all saw. Own up." 

" Don't be so righteous. Zee did not only prompt but resorted to using Google. We didn't fight like kids then. " Kyle had to defend.

" Oui, don't drag me." He stood up to fight.

" You dragged yourself when you started this," Aman shouted.  

" Cheater!" Rose sort of yelled at Aman.

" Loser!" He yelled back. 

Well, I could have said a lot of stuff then but watching them is so much more fun. Perhaps, that's why they never want me in their teams. :D

The night ended with no one winning (just tons of drama) because no one was ready to give in, like always. Guess, that's how we remember our nights.

~ Aavya, on one of the many Games Nights they had as kids & teens.

❋❋❋

" Pray tell, what the hell are you doing here?" Ayan was so infuriated and in no mood to have fun and who would want fun at that hour of night when one should be sleeping peacefully.

" Oh-Oh... Dear brother bear..." 

Man! Is this guy insane? Ayan had no answer.

" Aman! You've no idea how much worried..."

" Ha! Who was worried? As I didn't find anyone calling me except you. I don't think our parents who are living poles apart care either, neither do our baby sister..."

Ayan had to give the man credit for talking sense even in his state of mind. But given the events that had happened, he couldn't even blame his family for not worrying too much about Aman right now. They all had accepted the fact that he could pretty much care of himself. 

" You should go. I need to be alone. Thanks for coming by... " He slumped in his chair eyeing for the empty glass, deliberating whether refilling it would be a nice idea or not.

" Well, for one I do..." Ayan is never known for blurting out his feelings but when he does he means it. Aman looked at his shadow then at him. The room was brightly lit. 

" I do care and so does Rose..." He had no intention to mention her and he shouldn't have as he wasn't sure he could have gauged the impact the mere mention could have made. But he did and then he regretted it the next day.