14 || cat and mouse

alexa, play monster by willyecho

light 18+ warning

DAY 14

Amelia sat the plate of french toast down on the marble counter-top with an elated smile, only for her lips to falter vaguely when she spun around to see James strolling into the kitchen with only a towel hanging loosely on his hips. His dark, damp hair was messy from being dried off with a towel and his burly chest glistened in the sunlight that peeked through the windows.

Her unanticipated magnetism towards James definitely did not go unnoticed these past few days. The blood vessels surrounding her stomach would constrict and contract, the fluttery feeling of butterflies pulsing through her belly, every time she looked at him. Amelia was not keen on the newfound attraction, but she often lost the battle against her own emotions these days. She couldn't quite pinpoint what it was that made her feel this way.

"French toast?" Amelia offered rather reservedly, waving to the plate behind her before glancing back up at James.

James' eyes fixed on her dainty outfit - her black, overall dress that covered a white, over-sized sweater. Another outfit that showed off her immaculate, tanned legs. Her raven-colored hair fell down her shoulders in her usual waves. Her wardrobe mirrored her quite well - cute.

He observed her copper orbs glance down at his chest and flash back up to his face in a split second. Had he just imagined it?

"Sure," he responded amusingly.

Amelia slowly turned back around, heedlessly reaching up to rub her sore neck from last night's rough sleep, as she scooped some of the toast into an extra plate for him. She had mistakenly thought that adding more pillows would make her feel more cozy, but it only resulted in an awful kink in her neck this morning.

Unbeknownst to Amelia, Bucky was immediately interested in her actions, taking the opportunity to make a move of his own. Quietly approaching her petite figure, he tentatively placed his hands on her shoulders - the coldness of the metal making her flinch - and began to knead his fingers into her skin.

The feeling of his hands on her skin took Amelia by surprise, but much to her frustration, her feet remained rooted to the floor. Her mind was screaming at her, telling her to move or step away from him, but the butterflies traveled through her stomach and into her chest. The sensation of his fingers massaging her skin, which felt like it was on fire now, was all consuming.

"James," she chastened weakly, her eyebrows pulling together as she tried to gather her bearings.

"You said that I should de-stress," Bucky reminded her gruffly. All he could focus on was the heat radiating from her skin onto his.

"This isn't ..." she paused as she swallowed the lump that had formed inside of her throat. "This isn't what I meant."

He hungrily watched as her head titled to the side as he kneaded deeper. "You also said I should maintain a relationship. You didn't specify who."

A feeble groan escaped her lips as she pulled away from his grasp, turning around swiftly, as she accidentally brushed against his broad chest with her fingers. The tingly feeling that arose in James' chest from her touch trailed down through his stomach until it was underneath his towel.

"No, not with me, Barnes," Amelia scowled softly, leaning against the counter-top as far as she could to further the distance between them. "I'm your therapist. This has to be strictly ... professional."

James examined the pout that had begun to form on her full lips in satisfaction. Toying with her was the most fun he had experienced in a while - seeing her wriggle underneath his touch, struggling to contain herself, was enough to bring him to climax. This woman was driving him wild.

"If you say so."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amelia avoided James for the remainder of the day.

It wasn't until late after eating dinner in the confinement of her bedroom that she decided to sprawl out on the couch to watch some television, only once she had determined that he was no where to be seen.

She knew that what occurred today was not appropriate in the slightest, she wanted to smack herself for even letting it go on as long as it did, but she couldn't stop the longing in her belly for more. Amelia craved the feeling of James' fingers on her, kneading into his shoulders. She wanted to replicate the sensation of electricity soaring through her, over and over again. Why did he have the effect on her? It had been years since her body reacted with excitement over a man, why now?

Amelia was so immersed in her own thoughts that she hadn't even noticed James appear in the luminescence of the TV light, sitting down on the opposite end of the couch where her feet rested, scooping up her legs and placing them on top of his lap. Before she could attempt to lecture him, his fingers began to massage the bottoms of her feet - her words stopping in her throat with a halt.

Bucky's lips formed into a pleased smirk as he watched her mouth open to object but then slam shut quickly. Perhaps he wasn't making up her obvious attraction to him in his mind, it wasn't a figment of his imagination. His thoughts were deemed true as she unthinkingly brought her bottom lip between her teeth as he moved his fingers up to her calf.

As he readjusted her leg on his lap, his eyes instantly located the flash of red underneath her overall-sweater dress, only to realize that he was seeing her panties. The tension in the air thickened as he could feel himself throbbing in his boxers at the sight of her melting underneath his touch.

"We really can't do this," Amelia whined faintly.

Despite her words, she couldn't bring herself to pull away from him now. The higher his fingers worked up her legs, the more she could feel dampness within her panties. It all felt like a fever dream, what was even real anymore? Perhaps she was dreaming?

"Would you rather it be Steve?" James mocked playfully, his fingers at her knees now, rubbing against her smooth skin.

"No," she blurted shakily, before rolling her eyes at herself more than James. "I mean, no, I would rather it be no one."

Amelia pushed herself into an upright position, pulling her legs away from his grasp, as she grabbed the ends of her dress and tugged it downwards in embarrassment. This was so unlike her - feeling so feeble and helpless around someone. It annoyed her that James could take away any feeling of confidence she had just by touching her.

"Red looks really good on you."

Her breath caught in her throat in shock at his words, realizing now that he had just seen what she thought was covered by her clothes. "Stop doing that," she snapped, her voice thick with shame at her actions. "This can't happen, and it won't happen again."

Twirling on her heels, she stomped to her room and slammed the door.