Chapter 15

Lauren's POV

I hated early mornings with a passion, as much as I always lived them with a freshly painted face and a silk expensive dress.. my days long and tedious never failed to torture me!
I woke this morning with a plan in mind, plans never worked for me however as bitches liked to test me like an exam.. even as I opened up my office a bellowing voice struck me mid stride

"Lauren! You haven't returned my calls!"

"No mommy I haven't! Because I don't want to talk to you!"

Mother J.. the bitch of all bitches spawned by Satan himself now somehow living it up in the building I had written in my pristine name.. restraining orders never seemed so sexy thinking about it! I ignored her presence continuing inside while her fake heels pounced to alert my attention like a desperate hormonal child..

"I spoke to Daniels office! You pulled Camila from the campaign!"

I bit my tongue ignoring her still.. the history with that man a long one but something she chose to throw away as a misunderstanding.. it was far from it! Much to her usual habit however she continued to preach.. moan and groan about my decision to save the defenceless annoyance that didn't deserve to be targeted by such a man..

"You had no right Lauren! That was a big campaign and you know it!"

"Fuck your campaign!"

I snapped turning back with a raised index finger.. my eyes burning through her ego like a laser through metal.. approach me with caution before 10am some say.. approach me with caution always the smart say.. my mother wasn't smart..

"You sent that poor fucking girl into that office for some social ladder gain? You told me to protect her yet you threw her to the one person who would expose her for her innocence!"

"It was a job Lauren!"

"SHE WAS FUCKING NAKED MOM! Clothes off and standing alone for him to look at! What kind of sick bitch let's a girl be taken advantage of like that!"

I hissed more than confident I'd made the right decision! Like her or not nobody deserved that! It seemed my mother never cared for morals however.. she didn't care! Didn't think that mental stability and respect for body mattered more than a dollar in her over filled purse! I watched her stature diminish.. I loved how easy it was to disarm her.. it never used to be that easy

"You're taking it out of context Lauren! Stop being so dramatic your whole god damn life! You don't even like the girl! You wanted her gone so why does it matter!"

"I changed my mind! I contracted her! She's signed! I am not being dramatic I am being a decent human being! Now let's get one thing Crystal fucking clear here! You target her or pull her from this building I will have no choice but to legitimately have you barred from this academy! Are we understood?"

I felt my moms eyes examine my truth, determining how honest I was being in my threat.. she always doubted my threats.. but I meant them! I always meant them!

"You will learn one day child! You will learn that opportunity requires sacrifice! I will leave the girl alone but know that without me? She will flop!"

She hissed turning to leave the room with a clarity unknown to me, she begged me to give Camila a chance yet now I see that was a selfish move not for the academy but for herself.. a young Latin girl innocent and pretty.. easily mistaken as her own blood.. it made sense to me now, those words spoken to me not only a few years ago

I let her leave with nothing else said, my throat closing to allow me time to think, Camila wouldn't flop.. she was a talent I hadn't recognised out of stubborn taught behaviour.. but the more she pushed my patience, the more I was forced to see.. I didn't mind her now.. as much as that pained me to say..she wasn't a bad person just annoying like a leach clinging to my skin starved from food..