fifty seven - "Pretty please?"

W I L L O W

W I L L O W

"Happy birthday, baby" I heard a voice behind me, hugging me from behind and giving my neck a soft peck.

Today was my 18th birthday. My last birthday here with mom, Sargent and everyone else.

Now that I have so much to worry about I know what my mom meant when she always told me to stop worrying about small stuff, like losing a pair of earrings or not getting the grade I wanted on a test. Life can take such unexpecting turns and you'll stand there and wonder where you went wrong or question yourself about stuff you never had time to do.

Times like these make me think about growing old. As the years pass by, everyone around you disappears and you're left with what ifs and the last memories you had with them. Now that I won't be here to grow old with the people I love, I feel an awful emptiness. I hate to say this but I'm slowly giving into an endless depression and the darkness I'm slowly entering is trying to take me in faster than I've imagined.

The last couple of days I've woken up by horrifying nightmares. It's always the same scenario. Sargent gets shot and I have to watch him bleed to death as he's literally begging me with his eyes to save him but I can't move. I wake up with screams and my mom is by my side and wondering why the hell I'm screaming as if someones getting killed every night.

"Heyyy" I turned around and was met by the sky blue eyes and a rose bouquet.

"You look gorgeous" Sargent said and I kissed him while hugging his body tightly.

"And you look more handsome each and every day" I said and he blushed slightly and I chuckled, "You're such a cutie" I said and he groaned, "Oh come on! I have a karizma here, don't ruin it. I'm the big man. I'm not cute. If anything I'm sexy as fuck" he said and I rolled my eyes, ugh, the masculinity pride is killing me.

"I have a surprise for you after school" he said as he led me to his car. We were on our way to school.

"Is that sooo, tell me about the surprise" I tried and Sargent chuckled as he started the car, "It's called a surprise for a reason, Willow" he joked and it was my turn to groan, "pleaaase" I tried again but he shook his head no.

He thought I gave up so I leaned over while he was driving and gave him a looong kiss, "Pretty please?" I said when I let go and he chuckled, "That was an amazing kiss there, but no" he said and he laughed when I gave him a death stare.

"You're mean" I joked and he made a crying face, "I'm gonna tell my mom" he joked and I chuckled, "Dummy" I said and he looked at me for a second and the look in his eyes made me want to jump on him and shower him with kisses, "I'm so thankful for you" he said and I couldn't stop myself from getting teary eyed, "Ḯ'm thankful that we both met each other" I said and he smiled at me, making his sky blue eyes shine with happiness.

I'm so sorry, Sargent. I'm so fucking sorry that you met someone like me. I'm so terribly fucking sorry that I will put you through such a fucked up thing.