Lost Or Found

It's been close to three month's since Duel's driver deposited Jensy and I onto the sidewalk. I'd like to say that everything is back to normal but I'd be lying. Yes, my body is fully healed and my health up to par but nothing is the same. It was nice to discover that Duel had retrieved our belongings and placed them in our new place. At least we wasn't totally starting from scratch.

The money Duel left us was more than enough to get by on. In fact it was enough that Jensey finally bought a small building and opened her own salon. I like to call it our hush money because that's what it is. Our payment in order to keep quiet. However since I started a new job I refuse to touch it. It disgusts me and I never want him or his family to have anything that they can hold over my head.

Even though I went to school and worked in the human resource field I no longer had an interest for it. Let's just say my life has taken a dramatic twist. I'm no longer the girl I use to be. In fact when I look in the mirror I barely recognize myself. Gone are the loose fitting clothes, hoodies and leggings. Today I dress to impress and I'm not afraid to show a little skin. I like to think that I finally shed my childish skin and bloomed into a dare devil woman. Life is short right, might as well enjoy it why I can. So I accepted  the first job that replied back. I now spend most of my nights bartending. It's crazy but I enjoy it and the tips aren't too bad. It's not a glitzy bar, nothing fancy. Most of the patrons are leather wearing, bike riding rough necks but none has ever really bothered me. It is in a darker part of the city but most night's it isn't too hard to find a taxi. Jensey has suddenly turned into my mother and preaches to me everyday about my job choice but I just laugh it off. It's odd but I've never felt freer.I'm not saying I'll do this forever but for now I'm content.

In the meantime I also took up a new hobby. Well it's not exactly a hobby but at least I know that I can protect myself. I purchased a small handgun and took a few lessons. I'm not a bad shot but I'm not the best either. With a little practice I'll have it mastered.

Thankfully this is my weekend off so I promised Jensey that I'd go out with her. This is something I haven't dared to do since my return. I've only been to work or back with the occasional stop to get groceries or new clothes. I'll admit that as I stepped into my black dress I felt a bit anxious. What if I can into him or another Harper? But Jensey assured me that she chose a place that wasn't owned by them. Still I couldn't shake this creepy feeling.

A few hour's later I sat with Jensey at a polished bar having a few drinks and actually laughing as we chatted. Thing's felt almost normal for the first time in a long time. It didn't take long before Jensey spotted a hot guy. I smirked as I watched her flirt with her eye's. "Go ahead and go on over". I gave her permission.

" No girl. I'm not going to leave you. This is our night". Jensey said none too convincing.

Laughing I pushed her off of her stool. "Gooo. I'm a big girl. I'll be fine".

" You sure? I feel awful leaving you alone". She said in a tone of pity.

"I'll be fine. Just let me know if you decide to leave with him". I said letting my protective side shine.

" Promise. And you promise me that if you get lonely you'll get me". She stated.

"Absolutely" . I agreed and watched her slink away on this new conquest.

Once she disappeared into the throng of people I turned around to face the bar. I had no intentions to seek any company out but company soon found me. "Hello there beautiful" . A male voice echoed beside me.

Without sparing a glance his way I have a unlady like snort. "Far from beautiful" .

"Not a chance gorgeous. Let me but you a drink?" He asked not taking my hint.