Forks

The year was 2002. The whole family had moved to Forks after living for a while in Alaska, together with our other "family", the Denali. Forks is a rainy town, you can hardly see the sun. And this was exactly why Carlisle chose Forks, besides being a small town. A few months before we moved in, Carlisle and Esme were renovating the house.

From the outside it looked like a modern palace, and inside, extremely cozy and at the same time well decorated.

"This house is beautiful!" I said, thinking out loud.

"Thank you, Vi! i'm glad you liked it!" Esme was the one who had decorated the house, she's an excellent architect.

"Kids, the rooms are on the second floor. The first one is mine and Carlisle's, on the right is Violet's, on the left is Alice and Jasper's, in front of it is Rosalie and Emmett's and at the end of the hallway is Edward's." Esme instructed us. It was kinda funny that she calls us "kids", none of us are.

"I would like you not to break this house!" Carlisle said to all of us, but he meant that to Emmett and Rosalie.

I walked slowly up the stairs, admiring everything I saw. I waited for Rosalie and Emmett, Alice and Jasper to go up first, and then I went back to my room.

The room was perfect, Esme knew exactly how I wanted it. White and violet walls, a double bed, a huge closet, with a big lilac velvet rug, and last but not least, a big window overlooking the lake near our house. And the best part, all my "witch" things were already there.

After I finished admiring my new room, I wanted to go check on Edward. As far as I know, ever since Carlisle changed him he has been longing to find the love of his life, and he is always kind of sad, like he is not complete. Edward and I get along well, we act very much like two brothers, but we also fight a lot, probably because we are so much alike.

I walked to the end of the hallway, knocked on the door and waited for an answer allowing me to go in.

"Can I come in?"

"Sure, Violet."

As soon as I entered I kept looking around. There wasn't a bed, vampires don't sleep, but a white couch. And a bookcase full of CDs and books.

"How are you, Ed?" Ed is what I call him, no one else calls him that.

"Yes... So, do you like you bedroom?" I noticed him trying to change the subject.

"I love it! Mom has such a good taste and knew exactly what I wanted!" I answered, excited, as usual.

"That's good. Are you excited to go to school?"

"Not much, though I always make friends, I believe doing 6 grade again is not really exciting..." Although I look 15, my parents wanted me to start in Forks in the 6th grade, so we could live here longer.

Although he is not very happy, Edward smiles at my answer. I am one of the only people who can crack a smile out of him lately.

"I'll go down, I'm starving." I said, walking out of his room.

I go downstairs to the kitchen, where my mother was already waiting for me.

"I was waiting for you! You must be hungry!"

"I was so lost in that amazing bedroom! Thank you so much mom! I loved it!"

"I'm glad you liked it! I was hoping for that reaction. So, what do you want to eat?"

"I'm not so creative for that today... You can choose whatever you want to cook."

"Were you in Edward's room?" she asked me a little worried.

"Yes..."

"How was he, honey?"

"I think he liked his room, and maybe living in a new city will be better for him!" I said, hopeful.

"Maybe..."