28| Mr. Saiki's misfortune and Halloween

3rd Person P.O.V

It was the weekend, and almost everyone was enjoying a day off of school by shopping throughout the city. Kusuo's grandparents wanted to visit, thus convincing Kusuo to teleport them to their home. 

"Er...It's been a while, Dad!" Kusuo's father, Kuniharu, said toward the grandfather upon their arrival. Receiving a cold glare in return, Kuniharu decided he wasn't going to say anything unnecessary.

Kusuo silently sat on a chair, reminding the readers that his grandfather greatly disliked his father but was a huge tsundere when it came to his grandsons and daughter.

"Sorry for dropping by so suddenly. I wanted to look around the city with you guys!" Kumi, Kusuo's grandmother, insisted that they go shopping around the city, and the family obliged. She was abnormally excited to shop compared to others her age, and hardly anyone could say no to her.

***

After Kuniharu drove everyone toward the city center, he announced, "I'll go park the car and come back. Are you guys going on ahead?"

Grandfather turned his head and monotonously replied, "Nope, go home and watch the house. Thanks for dropping us off."

Kuniharu was going to protest, but Grandfather insisted he leave. "We'll be fine without you. GOODBYE." After completely ostracising his son-in-law, Grandfather beckoned everyone to continue walking.

Kumi, Kurumi, and Kusuo all looked disapprovingly at him. Turning their backs on him, they retorted. "That was rude, Kumagorou," Grandmother stated.

"Yeah, poor Kuniharu," Kurumi agreed.

"Come, let's go shopping without this old grouch," Grandmother led Kurumi and Kusuo away from Grandfather, and he simply 'humphed' in reply.

In reality, he felt that they were abandoning him and leaving him to mentally regret his actions.

'No, wait! I wanted to spend time with my daughter and grandson! Come back!' He mentally cried although he showed no such signs on his face.

Kusuo didn't intervene with his Grandmother's decision, since he also felt that his grandfather had been unjust with his father. He went along with his mother and grandmother in shopping for clothing, not wondering what his father or grandfather might have been doing without the supervision of their wives.

Grandfather was seated on a bench outside a shop, sulking with his hands crossed as he thought about his abandonment.

"What's wrong, old man?" A boy with the appearance of a delinquent approached the old man, staring at his face until receiving a reaction. The grandfather was immediately wary of this boy, as there was a scar running down his face and ugly yellow hair with black roots on his head.

Meanwhile, (Y/N) was walking through the city, window shopping for gifts suitable for her father's upcoming birthday. As she approached the center of the city, she sighted a familiar man, his brown hair covering his face and his red glasses glinting against the brightness of the sun. He was seated on the edge of a water fountain, sulking as he thought about his abandonment.

'My father-in-law is too mean! What did I do wrong?' he said to himself, his mouth forming into a frown.

As she observed him, (Y/N) pondered, 'Is that Saiki's dad?'

"Mister Saiki?" She called out, and her assumption was proven correct when the man lifted his head.

'Did someone say my name?' He looked around, apparently not noticing (Y/N)'s presence.