din djarin | you and i and no one else

me? dying for more princess!reader x din content? yup! i miss writing heavy in your arms!

also another self-indulgent imagine? maybe. my birthday is a week from tomorrow and i'm writing about a birthday party in a castle bc all i want for my birthday truly is to be a princess in a pretty ball gown, dancing with Din in my castle.

a girl can dream tho

requested by dear-mena; 2.6k+ words and not sure if i did this jealous!mando request justice bc i really try to write jealous imagines and avoid the common tropes. but i tried :-)

 but i tried :-)

/ / /

You were captivated by him the moment you saw him for the very first time. The bounty hunter that was hired to be your bodyguard. The Mandalorian that was hired to be your bodyguard. He was given the difficult task of making sure no one harmed you within the palace walls that were no longer safe. Your mother paid him beyond what he was typically paid for a bounty to accept the job.

He was cold and he was distant, he was quiet and he was reserved, but he was kind. He greeted you every morning. He gave you space throughout the day while he kept his eye on you. He walked alongside you from room to room only if you asked him to.

It seemed impossible to fall in love with a man you could not see behind the armor, but you did. You fell in love with him gradually. With every passing day, he opened up more to you. You learned his name. His story. His beliefs. And you saw how good he truly was, despite the reputation of being a bounty hunter hanging over his head. He was all that you wanted in a companion and somehow, miraculously, you were all that he wanted, too.

There was no way of you knowing that for certain, though. Some days, it felt like you were the only woman in the world. He was so gentle with you, his hand resting on yours as you sat next to him in the library, his arm taking yours as he crossed a hall by your side, his quickness to pull your chair out in the dining room.

But your Mandalorian was still silent most days, and part of you wondered if he was bothered by having to do all of this for you. He wasn't meant to be kept inside the palace walls, watching over a princess that should be allowed to do all of these things on her own. He was a bounty hunter, and bounty hunters didn't typically take jobs like this.

For your birthday, your loving parents threw you a party. It was mostly for them, you realized, because they invited all of their friends and family from distant lands and planets. You were happy for them. It was only because you had a bodyguard now that the gates could be opened.

You were given a light pink ball gown with dazzling gold embellishments to dance the night away in, complete with tiny white flowers to decorate your hair and golden tiara with. The ballroom was gold, lit by flickering lanterns and sweet-smelling candles. Soft music echoed around the walls. Wines were passed from guest to guest, and you walked along the sides of the room, searching only for him.