THIRTY-TWO

DONTTRUSTME
━━━━━━(●'ω`●)━

DETECTIVE REED STARES AT you and Connor like the pair of you are nothing but two lowlife, criminal scum.

You stare right back at him, your chin raised in pseudo-confidence, "We are registering the evidence in my possession, but don't worry, I'm getting ready to leave for Cyberlife. Though I'll certainly miss our friendship."

The words leave your mouth in a somewhat bitter tone.

From behind you, Connor laughs quietly before coughing into a closed fist. Your lips tilt upwards in something quite like amusement.

Detective Reed scoffs, "Yeah, go on then, fuck off. Make it quick... Fuckin' Androids."

With that, you open the heavy grey door and lead Connor down the concrete staircase into the evidence storage room. The door clicks behind him and it leaves the atmosphere feeling strangely tense.

Clearing his throat awkwardly, Connor breaks the silence, "Huh, it's creepier than I remember it to be."

You smile, although he can't see it from where he stands just a bit behind you. "There's no need to worry, Connor."

The two of you approach a panel surrounded by glass made for entering passwords.

"The Lieutenant's password..." You mutter, voice trailing off.

Connor hums thoughtfully, "It has to be Hank-ish enough for him to of chosen it but not too stupid. I can't think of anything... Wait, what about... FUCKINGPASSWORD, all caps?"

You nod and quickly type the password in.

Immediately, the screen lights up and the long wall of evidence is unlocked. Connor can't help but let out a quiet chuckle.

"Of course," he says, fondly.

"Good thinking, Detective," you smile at him slightly before you turn back to the evidence, "now, we have to be quick... Where is Jericho? The answer's here somewhere... I know it is."

You take quick, impatient steps forward and study the evidence: a video of Jericho's leader and his speech, an Android from Stratford Tower that had tried to kill you, a familiar statuette, and Carlos Ortiz's Android.

"What do you think?" asks Connor as he stares at the statuette intently.

You follow his gaze, "It all relates to rA9, I'm sure of it... The truth is inside, that has to mean something. What was it trying to tell me?"

"Maybe he meant it literally, let's crack it open," Connor says, sounding excited.

You're sure he probably just wants an excuse to break it open. You don't blame him.

Swiftly, you smash it against an evidence shelf and notice the small bit of paper hidden inside of it. Connor and yourself exchange a quick, intrigued glance before you pull the small square of rough paper out and hold it between your fingertips gently.

You unfold it with your fingers and see that it's a small map.

"Jericho's in the Fernvale district?" asks Connor.

You nod. "Now I'll have to scan someone's memory to narrow the search."

"How about the Android from Stratford Tower? Maybe he'll know..."

Once again, you nod.

It takes the two of you combined only thirty seconds to reboot the previously shut-down Deviant. After that, it takes you imitating Markus for the Android to give you Jericho's exact and precise location with all of the clues.