Flashback 3 - The talk

Gatlinburg, Tennessee, 1936

Last night I ran away from home to meet Ryan. The night was perfect! And I still can't believe we had our first time last night! The night would have been completely perfect, if it weren't for the fact that I would never see him again.

Apparently no one noticed that I had disappeared for a few hours yesterday. I really didn't want anyone to know, but it was making me sick, not telling anyone what had happened. Carlisle, Edward and Emmett could NOT know at all. That left Rosalie and Esme. Rosalie, even though she had sidelined me a bit after Emmett joined the family, she was still very protective of me, so I would have to tell Esme.

I woke up, put on a robe over my pajamas, and went to the kitchen to eat my breakfast. I knew that vampires had super hearing, so I needed to talk to her when there were only the two of us at home. Luckily, last night Rosalie and Emmett were not home. So it was just me and Esme.

I went down to the kitchen, and as usual, Esme was waiting for me with breakfast ready.

"Good morning, dear! How was your night?" Esme asked.

"Good morning, mom. I wanted to talk to you about it. But I'll just finish my breakfast first." I said. Then I had my coffee and ate the toast, and Esme was waiting anxiously sitting next to me.

We went into the living room. Esme saw that I was nervous to tell her, so she sat down next to me and held my hands.

"Vi, I may not be your biological mother, but I am your mom. You don't need to be embarrassed to tell me anything."

"Okay... But first, I don't want dad, Edward and Emmett to know about it, Rosalie I can tell later."

"I won't tell anyone, if that's what you want."

"Okay. So... last night I sneaked out... I went to meet Ryan. He took me to his house, he wanted to tell me a secret, but he didn't know how I would react so he wanted us to do something before telling me..." I said, getting very flushed and nervous.

"Did you have your first time last night?"

"H-how do you know?"

"You said you didn't want your dad and your brothers to find out, so I figured it was about this."

I started to cry remembering what had happened last night. Esme then hugged me.

"You don't need to cry, princess. It's perfectly normal. You don't need to be embarrassed about it. I'm glad you decided to talk to me about this."

"That's not why I'm crying for... Later he told me his secret. He's a werewolf! And now he's moving so we can't see each other anymore... He doesn't want to hurt me." I was sobbing.

"I'm so sorry honey." She hugged me more tightly.

"I don't know if I can tell Rose..."

"You don't need to if you don't want to. But if you want it I could tell her for you."

"Would you do it?"

"Of course. You're my daughter. I would do anything for you."

Then, Rosalie came in angrily.

"YOU DID WHAT?" she screamed.

"Rose, dear, calm down."

"YOU'RE TOO YOUNG TO DO THAT, VIOLET!"

"I'm not! Technically I'm seventeen!"

"Rose, you know this would happen someday. Don't you want your sister to find someone like I found Carlisle and you found Emmett? I'm sure you want to see Violet happy."

"I want to, I'm sorry Violet. It's hard for me. You're my little sister, I just want you safe." she hugged me.

"At least you don't have to worry anymore, Rose. He left."

"Why?"

"He told me last night he was a werewolf, he didn't want to hurt me, so he thought it was best if he left..."

"I'm sorry sis. You'll find someone, if he left it's because he isn't the right person." Rose said. "Bloody dog" she murmured.

That's why she hates werewolves.