29| Saiko's Comeback and Saiki's birthday

A few days later and there was some bothersome news drifting about. 

"Saiko's coming back to school?" (Y/N)'s eyebrows furrowed, recalling the infamous Metori Saiko. 

"Yeah, I overheard the teachers talking about it. I thought he would have already moved schools, why's he still here?" Kaidou sighed.

"Well if he bothers Teruhashi again we can just fight him," Aren clenched his fist like a typical manga character that solved everything through fighting. 

"Did you already forget you had to get bailed out of jail last time?" (Y/N) shook her head disapprovingly. "Let's just hope he won't cause a disturbance again."

Well, that would be too much to ask of the arrogant Saiko. 

The next morning a red carpet was rolled into the classroom and in walked mister trust fund kid.

Everyone's face's visibly hardened but shifted into surprise when Saiko didn't say anything and simply sat in his cushioned seat in the back of the class.

"What's he up to now?" They whispered amongst themselves. 

"Who knows? I hope he drops a wad of cash though..."

 Throughout the day Saiko made no bold move, even after having been insulted by the students. He'd snap his fingers and send one of his guards to deal with them, but made no other moves and said no words. 

It was as if he was either trying to fit in and finally be a normal student or observing the school and coming up with a plan. 

At the end of the day, everyone went home, rather confused as to why Saiko didn't cause a ruckus. They thought that perhaps he had finally gotten ☆character development☆, but he proved them wrong the next day.

***

"Saiko's been kinda quiet since yesterday," Kaidou warily glanced in said person's direction, glaring as Saiko fanned himself with a pile of cash.

The rest paid no mind, hoping that it would remain that way for a while. 

During their passing period, Kaidou gathered everyone, except Saiki, and for a good reason.

"So I ran into Saiki's mom yesterday and found out that it's his birthday in two days!"

"Really?! We should bake a cake for him!" Yumehara whisper yelled, and Teruhashi nodded. (Y/N) tilted her head, about to say something until Nendou interrupted.

"Woah, it's my pal's birthday? I'm going to buy him a present!"

"But-" (Y/N) began, only to have Aren interrupt.

"Yeah and I can make a video about everyone wishing him a happy birthday!"

"Guys, wait-"

Hairo exclaimed, "Okay then, we'll meet up after school to plan the birthday party!"

"I'll come if there's food," Mera said, and they all dispersed. 

(Y/N) was the only one left, unable to even get a word in. 

Just before passing period ended, Teruhashi came up to (Y/N) with a recipe book in her hands. 

"Hi (Y/N)! What decorations do you think look better?" She asked, opening the book to a specific page. After the Saiko incident, they were on friendly terms.

(Y/N) was about to say something, but the pretty decorations on the cakes distracted her from her goal. Her eyes sparkled as she scanned the options.