Ch 297: Who Made This?

Lin Ye is sleeping quietly on his chair, his head resting on his table.

Ring

Ring

Lin Ye is then startled awake by the sound of his phone ringing.

In a daze, he takes his phone and turns it on.

The next thing he knew, he was awakened by a grumpy female voice.

"Lin Ye, Doctor! Wake UP!"

Lin Ye is taken aback; he nearly threw out his phone.

"Or-Orchid?" he asked, recognising the other's voice.

"Yes, indeed! It's me," Orchid says angrily, "I didn't want to make this call at all. After all, I know you didn't get back to the island until early yesterday morning, So I wanted you to get some rest. But to sleep for 5 hours into the workday?! I'll be out of here in a half-hour. Can you consider giving me Kjerag's report?"

Lin Ye is startled, and quickly takes off the phone and takes a look at the time on it.

Hey, I really slept for the whole day...Wait... isn't this a good thing? I can still sleep!

"I'm sorry." Lin Ye quickly gets up, puts on clothes, and says, "In ten minutes, I'll go down and look for you! No, five minutes will suffice."

"Try to be as fast as you can." Orchid sighs and says, "You and Sussurro obviously returned here at the same time; how can she still go to work early? She turned in the report first thing in the morning and even ran to your office to knock. Even though she knocked several times, you did not open the door. I had to call because Ansel said you didn't sleep in the dorm at all last night."

Lin Ye feels even more guilty, so he puts on his clothes in less than 30 seconds after hanging up the phone, then grabs his backpack and rushes out. When he opened the door, however, he discovered a small box outside. He nearly steps on it without pausing.

Lin Ye picks up the box, curious, and asks, "What is this?" When he opens it, he is surprised to see what is inside.

"A cake?"

The box contains a small blue cake and a plastic fork. Lin Ye pondered where this cake came from and who had given it to him. Blue Poison is the only person on this floor right now. Yesterday, he spent a few hours in the middle of the night talking with Blue Poison, and Blue Poison also mentioned to him that she liked to make cakes, but almost no one dared to eat the cakes she made. They were concerned that it was poisonous.

It turns out like that... So, did she give me one?

Lin Ye looks at the cake and wonders if Blue Poison is testing him. It's not right, and it shouldn't be. Lin Ye had the impression that Blue Poison was not the type of girl who thought about it. She appears to be a pure kind girl.

Lin Ye can't help but smile as he rushes to Blue Poison's room. After that, he knocks on her door and says, "Thank you very much for your cake! I will, without a doubt, finish it. I can hardly wait."

Lin Ye walks away without waiting for a reply. He quickly exited.

Blue Poison, on the other hand, is standing behind the door. She rested her hand on her chest. Her lips are set in a small smile.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

A minute later, Lin Ye rushed into Orchid's office, unkempt and carrying a backpack in his hand, holding a cake in his hand. The individual in question is reading his report.

She is taken aback after reading everything.

"What did you do?" Orchid exclaims to Lin Ye.

"I slept in."

"I know that," Orchid grumbles, "But I'm absent from work, so how can I take care of it and then come down? You, too, are a diplomat here, no matter how you say it. You should maintain your image at all times. After all, you'll be spending a lot of time outside."

Lin Ye is unsure when she began working here. However, there is no denying that she is his superior at work. He can only listen quietly, even if he doesn't want to. Fortunately, Orchid doesn't seem to mind, so she doesn't nag for hours.

She then returns her attention to what she wanted to say to him.

"I've already read the report on your trip to Kjerag from Sussurro. To be honest, I didn't expect at all that you are really possessed by a catastrophe." Orchid rubs her temples in distress.

Lin Ye is speechless as a result of what he has been accused of "What exactly do you mean? Obviously, I am the victim in this situation. Clearly, I didn't want to go on an adventure there."

"I'm aware; I've read both yours and Sussurro's reports. I'm just complaining," Orchid says, but even though the process appears to be more difficult, the outcome is satisfactory. After all, you have a close relationship with Karlan Trade's president. This is something you should report to Amiya. Diplomacy is not my area of expertise."

Lin Ye nods, "I see."

"Then you should know what I'm accountable for. Tell me, what is your final judgement on the operator Lappland?" Orchid leans forward slightly.

Lin Ye sets his cake down and searches his backpack for Lappland's internship agreement.

"What is this?" asks Orchid of Lin Ye's cake.

Lin Ye responds by not raising his head. "Someone brought me a cake."

"Did you get it from Kjerag?"

"How can something as simple as a cake last for so long? It was made for me by someone."

"Well..." Says Orchid as she opens the box. She then takes one of the plastic forks.

"Lemme have a piece"

"Hmm?"

"I have been waiting for you for a day. This is like a payment for making me wait." Orchid stares at Lin Ye, "I won't finish it. I am not that cruel."

Lin Ye sighs helplessly, "Well, don't regret it."

"Why would I?" says Orchid, taking a small piece and putting it in her mouth. Her eyes begin to widen "That's incredible. It's absolutely delicious. It's far superior to the one made in the cafeteria."

"Really?" Lin Ye is hungry as well. After all, he hasn't eaten in several hours, so he picks up the fork as well. He took a small piece and placed it in his mouth.

"It's really good," He says with a smile. Lin Ye can't help but sigh, "Yes, it tastes much better than the canteen ones."

"Is that right? You know, don't just eat it. Please inquire about Lappland's internship contract"

Lin Ye placed Lappland's internship agreement on the table, saying, "About the operator Lappland, I do have something to say to you."

"Let's talk about it. That's why I called you "

She eats another piece of cake, her eyes widening once more. "But first, could you tell me who made this cake, and I'll go find them and ask them to make some for me?"

"Oh, it was Blue Poison," Lin Ye said.

"Oh, Blue Poison? I see." She nodded.

There was a brief silence.

Then her face becomes green, "Wait, who!?"

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by Weebly

Edit by Jaq