Arc 2: Chapter 3

"We've arrived your highness." The coachman announced.

Y/n got off the carriage first.

To nobles, it is considered disrespectful for a woman to get off the carriage first.

If you do this to royalties, there is a punishment.

The man must always get inside the carriage last, and go outside last.

In Y/n's case, she is fearless not because she is ignorant. She did that because there was clearly nothing to be afraid of.

Fear is not in her vocabulary ever since she died again and again.

'I don't know if she's fearless or ignorant but seems like it's going to be fun.' Xavier thought.

"Your highness, his majesty is waiting for you." A manservant said.

"Tell him I'll go to him later. There's something I need to take care of first." He replied as he looked at Y/n.

Y/n was just standing in one place like a robot waiting for orders.

"You, what's your name?" Xavier asked in a cold manner.

"Oh, I apologize. I am Y/n L/n, a maidservant of Duke Wallen's household. Pleased to meet you your highness." Y/n introduced.

"Y/n. Follow me." He ordered.

Xavier and Y/n walked for quite a while until they arrived in a certain door.

"Open it."

Y/n opened the door and and walked inside.

The room was not bad.

It was big but not luxurious. It had furnitures but it didn't look expensive.

"This is where you'll stay til you get executed in behalf of all the servants in the Wallen's duchy."

'Why didn't I think of it? Do I need to die for a certain reason? Am I really going to die this time for real?'

All the deaths she experienced were useless. So maybe with a valid reason of dying, she's going to die for real.

No waking up but sleeping forever and resting peacefully.

"When will I get executed?" Y/n asked in a hopeful expression.

"Until the emperor says so." Xavier replied.

"Tsk." Y/n slightly clicked her tongue.

Even though it was but a small action, the prince clearly heard it.

'Did she just click her tongue? She wants to die that soon? How noteworthy.' Xavier's lips twitched upwards.

"Then, I'll leave you here. You can walk around the palace but you can never eacape."

"Ah, don't worry. I won't escape. I promise." Y/n pledged.

"Sure." Xavier grinned.

Staying inside the room was totally boring for Y/n so she decided to wander outside in the meantime.

'Nice.'

The imperial palace was surely marvelous.

The hallways, the portraits, carpets, vases, and everything.

It was luxurious and exclusive.

"Urk-"

"Huh? Who are you?" Prince Louis immediately unsheathed his sword after the bump.

[A/N: Louis is the black-haired 8th prince.]

"Greetings your highness, I am Y/n L/n. A maidservant from Wallen duchy and the representative of execution in behalf of the servants of the Duke's household." She stated smoothly.

"A sacrifice? Pft- hahaha! I can't believe I'm seeing something like this!" Prince Louis bursted out.

"Yes, me too your highness." Y/n agreed with him.

"Then, let me have the honor to tour you around Ms. Sacrifice." He offered his hand playfully.

"The pleasure is all mine your highness." Y/n bowed respectfully.

Prince Louis was annoyed when Y/n didn't feel offended.

It felt like he needed to do something more in order to make her feel more insulted.

He wanted her to know and feel what fear was.

So he needed to concede for now.

"Come here." He grabbed Y/n's hand.

"Where are we going your highness?"

"Tour you around."

The two of them arrived at the garden.

"This is the garden." Louis introduced.

Y/n looked at the different plants and flowers and she can't help but get awed by its beauty.

"I think real death is as beautiful like this garden." Y/n muttered as she plucked out a rose.

"What?" Louis couldn't believe what he just heard.

'Death is beautiful? What a load of crap.'

"Whatever. Next up is the lake."

Y/n stared at her reflection in the waters.

"I haven't tried drowning to death yet. I wonder how it feels.." Y/n was totally muttering in a small voice but Louis clearly heard that.

All the emperor's child are very sensitive in all five senses of human. Seeing, touching, smelling, feeling, and hearing.

'She wants to drown? Ha! Let's see if she can still say that after she experiences it.'

Louis pushed her towards the lake and Y/n fell.

Y/n just recently thought about trying the drowning method and it seems like she was going to experience it.

'Please be successful this time.' She sincerely prayed, under the water.

After a few minutes, Y/n didn't drown.

'What's this? Why am I not dying? I can't clearly breathe underwater but why am I still alive?' She was left in wonder.

When she opened her eyes, Prince Louis was already underwater, grabbing her hand and swimming towards the surface.

When they were on dry ground, Prince Louis was just staring at her in an uninterested face. He looked like he was anticipating for something.

He wanted her to beg for rescue whilst drowning but she didn't.

"Tsk." He clicked his tongue.

"Next time you push me in the lake, please do it with sincerity so that I can successfully die." Y/n bowed.

It might look like it was a plea for Y/n but for Louis, it felt like she was mocking him for not doing a right thing.

"How dare you!" His sword was pointed at her.

'I should try what he did when I pointed my dagger towards him for the first time..'

Y/n leaned her neck towards the sword and a bit blood slightly came out.

"You!" Louis let go of his sword.

It was the first time in his life that he let go of his sword just like that.

Y/n picked up his sword and handed it to him.

"Also, before you slice off my neck, please make sure that my death isn't useless. I don't want to wake up after dying." Y/n begged.

Y/n concluded for herself that if there is a valid reason to die, maybe she'll finally rest forever. But that's only her theory.

Louis didn't understand her.

That made him triggered to know the reason why she's being like this.

Why she wants to die.

'I'll make it so that you'll be begging me not to kill you someday Y/n.' He became determined.