45. My Luna

Hello my lovely readers! How r u liking the book so far?

45. My Luna

✧ Luke ✧

My shoes make a rhythmic thud on the polished wooden floor as I turn to my newly acquired office. Everything is in perfect order, a large L-shaped desk in the center, a high back chair behind it. shelves line the walls, the windows on the east wall light up the place.

I take my place behind the desk and pick up the file I’d put their last night— or early morning, sleep has been miles away from me.

Twenty Alphas had participated, seven have made it back.

After reaching the mansion, I had a witch lift off the spell from the competitor’s wolves and the forest, officially declaring that the Hunt was over. The last team reached here yesterday.

The packs of the deceased Alphas will have to be adjusted under other’s authority, if they don’t have another of the Alpha bloodline to take the role.

As I leaf through the file, the accommodations storing in my memory with singular glances, the door knocks.

“Enter,”

A man dressed in a dark uniform comes in, his face impassive. Gorge Williams was part of the few warriors with me on my journeys the past five years. He was always my first choice to call when I needed to do something discretely.

“Alpha Supreme Winters,” He bows to me

“The ceremony is in four days, Williams.” I say, returning my eyes to the file “I’m not the Alpha Supreme yet. What’s the news?”

“As per your orders,” he beings formally “The Alpha Supreme Marcus Goldstein’s body has been taken care of. All the servants in the mansion who witnessed your arrival have been warned to keep their mouths shut.”

I put the file away and prop my elbows on the armrests, steepling my fingers as I hold his gaze. I doubt people would take well to a ruler who killed his predecessor.

“Acceptable,” I say “And the pack?”

“The deceased Alpha’s pack will be under the authority of his younger sister, Alpha Zoya Goldstein. She was told that her brother suffered a planned rouge attack.”

“Very well,” I give him a nod “Make sure she doesn’t look too much into it.” 

“Yes, Alpha.” He says “Should I send in the files of the confessions by Alpha Goldstein’s warriors?”

“Send them up. You’re dismissed.”

He gives me another bow and leaves the office, closing the door behind.

Alpha Goldstein had always struck me as the power hungry type, but he would violate the Hunt as such was a surprise, even to me.

Only a few minutes later, someone brings me the file. I’d have to execute all these men anyways, but I wanted to have proof of their crimes in my hand.

Making a plan for the divison of the packs left unsupervised takes me a big mug of black coffee and two hours.

It’s going to get more complicated when I discuss these with the Alphas who are having these additions, but till then, I’m almost done.