Chapter 6

"May, I'm heading out with Jed again today

"May, I'm heading out with Jed again today. I'll be back before dinner." I call out to her as she waters her plants.

"Again? Where to? You guys have been spending a lot of time with each other lately. Is there something going on that I should know of?" May questions me.

Trust me, there is a lot going on. I guess now's the time to drop some tiny hints to her. "We're just going to hang with some of Jed's friends. They're guys but trust me, they're like Jed." I reply.

She narrows her eyes at me. "Okay, don't come home too late. And call me if you need anything." She says as I give her a smile and a small wave. Jed texted me that he's already here parked in the parking lot. I make my way over to his car and slide in.

"Hello, Prim. You ready for you're workout today?" Jed asks as he drives out of the parking lot.

"I guess. And you promised me not a lot of running." I say glaring at him.

"Whatever you say, princess." He says. Jed speeds down the road until we reach the underground gym. He parks the car and we both head outside and into the training area.

"Prim, you came back. Couldn't get enough of this?" Nash says motioning to his body. I roll my eyes and laugh.

"You wish." I retort back, punching him on the arm playfully.

"I do." He says. "So, there's this fight coming up. It's a fundraiser and we donate the money to families who are in need of supplies. I know Heath would probably freak out if you ever wanted to join but, the offers up if you want to."

A fighting match? If I do join and come home with bruises all over my body, May would definitely find out a way to know what I have been up to. "I don't know. I mean I just started learning and I don't want to push it you know?" I question back.

"You don't have to do it. It's just a thought of what we could do to help other people. We're all planning on doing it so you are welcomed to watch the match." Kade adds.

"I'll for sure come. I wouldn't miss it for the world." I respond.

"Great. But Prim's here to workout, not sign up to fight someone else." Jed chimes in. "Okay, as I promised, less running. So 1 lap around the place." 

I groan in annoyance as we warm-up before we begin our running. 

♠︎ ♠︎ ♠︎

"Punch harder. And remember what we told you about not using your shoulder." Jed yells as I put more force into punching the punching bag. Sweat beads start to form as I begin to grow tired.

"I need a break," I say as I grab my water bottle and almost down the whole thing. "Is Heath coming?" I ask. I've been here for about an hour and still no sign of him. I wonder what he's up to. I feel a little disappointed with Jed's answer.