Confessions and Confrontations

"Why am I here?" Poppy crosses her arms giving Lily a pointed look.

Lily gives her a small smile and gestures towards the house they grew up in. "I want to confront mum and dad about everything." She looks down ashamed. "I never noticed how much we all left you out throughout the years, but I want to stop it now." She looks up. "I'm sorry."

Poppy's lips curve into a small smile.

Lily continues. "I haven't properly apologized yet." She takes a breath. "Poppy, I am so so sorry that I forgot about you. I left you alone and never took the time to actually look for you. I'll never forgive myself. You're my twin and I love you. I will make sure nothing like this happens again and I'll do everything in my power to make it up to you."

Poppy squeezes Lily's hand. "Thank you."

Lily gives her a small grin before putting a determined look on her face as she faces the front door. "Let's do this." She murmurs before knocking on the door.

Poppy ponders how their parents will react. They'll be ecstatic to see Lily, of course, but Poppy will surely dim the happy mood. Although, she has Lily on her side now, so they'll be nice hopefully. Poppy squeezes her sister's hand harder and Lily returns it.

The door swings open to their mum and dad's shocked faces before it turns into joy. They don't even seem to see Poppy as they pull Lily into bone crushing hugs, unknowingly pulling her hand away from Poppy's. They kiss her cheeks until their father freezes, his eyes catching the other red head.

Poppy gives him a sarcastic smile. "Hey dad."

"Poppy." He greets steely before turning back to Lily. He looks her up and down, checking for anything usual. He can't trust Poppy. "It's so great to see you, but why the sudden visit?"

Their mother glances at Poppy for half a second. "Did something happen sweetie?" She asks Lily. Only Poppy would pick up on the fact that they are accusing her of hurting Lily.

Lily walks out of their tightening grips to grab Poppy's hand again. She gives her mum and dad a cold look. "It's best we talk about this inside."

Their parents share a look as the girls take a seat on the couch. "Does Lily know?" Jack whispers to his wife.

"No, she couldn't possibly hold that monster's hand unless she didn't know." She murmurs back. "Probably some twisted lies to make us look bad."

They take a seat facing the girls. "What do you want to talk about?" He asks cooly.

Lily glares. "You owe Poppy an apology."

They share incredulous looks. "We owe her an apology?"

Poppy looks at Lily with a skeptical look. Talk about an impossible mission. However, Lily doesn't waver. "Yes." She answers.

"Why would we ever apologize to her? We didn't even do anything! That monster-"

Lily cuts her father off. "Exactly! You didn't do anything."

He crosses his arms defensively. "We did more than what she deserves." He says harshly. "She's a god damn demon."

Lily starts yelling then. Poppy watches, leaning back against the couch as her sister stands to prove her point further. She'll give it to her, Lily's passionate and driven. She might actually be the only person in the world to get her parents to admit their wrongdoings. Poppy tilts her slightly, observing their murderously angry looking faces. Sometimes, Poppy wonders how she's still alive and that her mum and dad didn't kill her in her sleep. Eh, probably prison.

"What lies did she tell you?!" Her mother demands, screeching.

Lily answers in a calmer voice, but it comes out stronger than their mothers yells. "Everything she told me could be seen with my own eyes. I was just too oblivious to notice."

Her father cuts in. "Did she tell you about the little note she sent us?!" He holds up the parchment that is Poppy's "fuck you" note.

Lily glances at Poppy for a moment, but turns back to her parents. She goes to argue, but Poppy beats her to it. "Can you blame me?" She sneers, standing now.

Her mother scoffs, taking the note from her husband. "We just did, didn't we?"

Poppy snatches the parchment from her hand. "This! This is on you!" She throws it down. "You never spent a second to worry about me unless it was to reprimand me!"

"You brought this upon yourself! You were eight when-"

Poppy stops them with a crazed incredulous laugh. "This was happening way before I was eight." She throws her hands up. "You never cared about me. It was always Lily this, Petunia that. You never made time for me." Tear begin to fall down her cheeks. "I brought it up to you when I was six."

"Mum, why don't you ever braid my hair?" The six year old had asked, watching her mother brush back Lily's hair.

Poppy gives them a betrayed look, continuing telling them everything. "And when I was seven."

"Can I ride the pony too?" Poppy questioned, watching her sister enjoy herself. "It's my birthday too."

Poppy wipes a tear from her cheek and sniffles a bit. "I could mention so many more times, but every time you'd say the same thing." She takes a deep breath. "Don't be conceited. Don't be self absorbed."

Her mother looks a bit guilty, but keeps the same determined look on her face. "It doesn't matter anymore."

Shock goes through the room. Poppy trembles with an emotion she couldn't possibly begin to understand. "Fuck you." She whispers to her parents. She steps towards them and they involuntarily take a step back. Lily tries to grab Poppy, but she pushes her back.

"If you thought I was scary when I was eight, you've got another thing coming."

*✶⋆*★

A/N: I'm getting motivated to write!! Yay! 

Also, if you couldn't tell, I'm keeping the scary Poppy chapter (aka Frightening F*ck You's) in the story. She'll still be sweet Poppy, but it's just sweet Poppy with some revenge.