Chapter Fifteen

Dedicated to @AlexVipond for the cover to the side, thank you! <3

-Unedited

Alpha Tyler Evans P.O.V

Her heart beat slowly regulates, her breathing becomes even, her eyelids closed - hiding those beautiful green orbs of hers. I lean down and kiss her forehead before leaving my little Luna to sleep.

It kills me not to be able to hold her, to sleep in a different room than her. Carter is everything to me and all I want is to hold my everything in my arms while she's sleeping.

What hurts most is that I can tell she doesn't sleep well, but I don't want to scare her away by staying with her all night long. My girl still needs time and she has all the time in the world from me.

Her heart is a secret garden and the walls are very high.

Have you ever just looked at somebody and thought, "I really love you." And they're just talking or humming or watching a moving or reading a book or laughing, and there's something about them in that moment that makes you think, "I just really love you."

Those are my thoughts every time I see Carter, talk to her, hold her, kiss her, talk about her, listen to her, even when someone says her name. I just love her.

Those are my thoughts every time she sneezes with a barely audible squeak, every time she bakes and her eyes light up, every time she reads and you can basically see how lost she's becoming in that world.

I knew that when I found my mate, I would love her instantly. But I didn't think it was possible to love someone as much as I love Carter. It's hurts because I know I can't say it to her until she's ready, and I know she's not ready.

I can wait. I don't necessarily want to, but I will. Scaring her is the last thing I want to do, she's my girl and I can't be away from my girl for too long.

"Tyler?"Carter's soft voice croaks out. "Can you get me another blanket?"

"Of course, princess."I grab her favorite one and cover her up, tucking her in slightly and kissing her forehead. "I'll see you in the morning, baby love."

"Five more minuets."She grumbles, grabbing my wrist to stop me.

"You're so cute, little one."I tell her as I sit back down on the edge of her bed and play with her hair.

"Sh, I'm sleeping."Carter leans into my touch and snuggles into her pillow.

I would kill to be that pillow.

♡♡♡

The next morning, I let my little mate sleep in while I made her breakfast. She still doesn't eat much, but I need her to eat. Even if it's only a little bit.

I have to leave her with Lee and Aleks today. Liam, Landon, and I have an appointment today with a possible new pack member.

"Tyler?"A soft voice says from behind me. I turn and see my girl standing there in one of my shirts, her hair all gathered over her shoulder, and rubbing her eye with her hand.

"Good morning, beautiful."I smile at her. She blushes at either the compliment or the fact that she's in nothing but a pair of pink panties and one of my white button up shirts. More than likely the second one, but knowing my innocent little mate, it could also be the first one.

"How long have you been up?"Carter asks as she sits down on one of the bar stools.

"A while."I answer as I continue cutting up some fruit for her yogurt. "How did you sleep, baby girl?"