049

After Dashawn left, I took a few more minutes to myself. I didn't feel like dealing with anyone and not to mention going too far from the toilet as I couldn't stop throwing up.

I couldn't wait for my doctors appointment , they were suppose to give me pills that will help curb the nauseousness that I felt and I'll be able to finally keep down a meal.

"Knock knock."

There was a few knocks at the door before it slid open.

"I thought I would bring you breakfast ..." mom peaked her head from around the door with a plate in hand.

The smell instantly hit my nose and caused my stomach to turn. "Thank you but please." I covered my nose hoping that would help. "Plus, I know you're just bringing me food cause you feel bad."

She backed out the door and stepped back in without the plate closing the door behind her.

"That's not why I brought you food but I do feel bad." She took a seat down beside me. "I just couldn't let her sleep outside with the little girl."

"I understand that and that isn't even the issue... you just hid the shit from me like I was some monster." I rolled my eyes averting my attention back to my phone screen.

"Good news is ... she should be out soon with the money she's been making at the club ." She rested a hand on my leg. "I know you aren't a monster but I also know you are your fathers daughter."

"What the f-.." I bit my lip catching myself , i could see her eyebrow raise from the corner of my eye. Sometimes I forget who my mother is.. a woman of God who wouldn't spare the rod no matter how old I was. "What is that suppose to mean?"

"I know you don't like her... shoot sweetie she knows that and I know you wouldn't wanna be sleeping under the same roof as a person you saw as an enemy."

"Not an enemy... just someone I have to keep a close eye on and what does that have to do with dad?" I felt like the question answers itself honestly. My dad wouldn't want to be sleeping under the same roof as someone he saw as an enemy.

He'd even feel betrayed by the person who let them in.

"Your father isn't the type to mingle with people he sees as enemies.. same with KJ and you know deep down the same with you." She rested her hand over my thigh and gave it a squeeze.

"Isn't mingling with someone you see as an enemy just being fake ? I mean unless they're contributing something to what you're doing they aren't ..." I trailed off as I felt a wave of recognition wash over.

I did sound like him... although I figured everyone would stay away from people they saw as an issue but I did say I wanted to keep her close. This was the perfect opportunity to do so.

"You know what mom.... It's fine she's here."

"Huh?" She looked over at me confused. "You're not about to make that little girl an orphan are you?"

"W-what ?! Mom! No that's a terrible thing to assume." If isn't like it hasn't crossed my mind...but I would never. "Another trait from my dad huh? Just stone cold murderer?"

"Technically you don't even do- anyways it was just a joke.... Thank you for not being upset and I'm going to go dispose of the food unless that pitbull of yours got to it first."

"If you left it on the floor by my room the plate is definitely empty." I chuckled and watched as she made her way out the room.

I know I promised Dash I would stay out of everyone's business and worry about "our pregnancy" as he likes to call it but keeping an ear to things around me wasn't technically being in anyone's business right? I'm just being observant and paying attention.