Chapter 94

Goodbye

Our family went to our new home, it was reminiscent of my old home though it held no traces of me. I and Juan settled into one of the guest's room while our parents decided to buy every brand of necessities that we might need.

They also told Juan that they will renovate two rooms that are dedicated to just the two of us. Juan wanders her eyes through her old room, marveling at the room which holds no passage of time.

The dolls were still cleaned and placed in the bed, a princess-style wooden wardrobe filled with children's clothes was still left intact. In fact, everything is still untouched after such a long time.

"It's beautiful, thank you for keeping this room mom and dad" Juan kept blinking her eyes away as she resists crying.

It is only after seeing this untouched and intact room that she has felt that her family never forgets her and still waiting for her return.

A day has gone by and soon the Wu family has brought themselves here. Each congratulating her for reuniting with her parents and charting the recent events that happened in between.

JuJu and Xiao Ruo on the other hand decided to go into one room which was heavily rejected by Ju Yi but was eventually silenced by Juan's glare.

"JuJu, is this your new home? You're not gonna come to school with me anymore?" He looks like an abandoned pup and I can't help but sigh.

He should man up, there's no me anymore, what would he do if he was bullied again?

"I have to stay with my grandparents, they haven't spend a long time with me yet so I have to stay here"

By the time my would fly out from this body, the JuJu he knows would vanish and the JuJu he will know in the future would be the real JuJu.

It's better for him to feel the pain this early than to let him feel pain later. Besides, I don't k ow what the future might hold and he's such a young kid so he might not remember me, and if he did, it would be blurred after all it'll be years since they (the real JuJu and him) will meet again.

"Oh, but you'll remember me, right? You'll still be my friend right?" My heart went soft and I nodded, he and I also made a pinky swear after that.

Soon, we played like crazy in the park, I didn't stop until I was tired and dotted in sweat. This will be the last time I'll be able to play with him so I might as well do everything he wanted for this day.

"You really- I told you to stop running, look at yourself!" Juan strictly prohibited me from running again after I returned to her like a wet chick.

"But I wanted t-to play with Gege!" I said heaving hard after running so much.

"It's my fault auntie, don't be angry at JuJu anymore" Xiao Ruo said behind and blinks pitifully at Juan.

"Alright, seeing the two of you bullying this Auntie then I'll forgive her then" Juan teased, and soon the two of us run back and played with the other kids.

"Gege!" U shouted at Xiao Ruo, I watched him stop and run in my direction.

"What is it JuJu?" I hold his hand and made his seat beside me.

"You should remember every word I'll say to you okay?" He nodded obediently and I started.

"Don't trust strangers and also trust your guts. Look into the people's eyes to see who you can trust. Listen to your parents and make sure to behave obediently. Make a lot of friends and choose wisely, don't you dare do be things even when you get older! If someone is bullying you, you must fight with them either by speaking out or telling your parents about it, if you're older, you naturally know how to fight. You must be healthy and live with your parents okay? Don't fight with your friends over a girl, it's not worth it"

He was looking at me in a daze and I snap my finger in front of me shaking him awake.

"Did you understand?" I look at him straightforwardly and he nodded, I finally let out a relieved sigh.

"But JuJu..." He trailed off and I motioned for him to continue.

"Yes?"

"Are you really leaving?"

I blink my eyes at him, he was smart surprisingly at things like this, I nodded.

He looks downcast but he held my pinky hand and then solemnly swears in front of me.

"I will search for you after I grow up!"

Too bad the person you're searching for will be way different from now.

Soon, we said goodbye together and left the park. Juan and Ju Yi left with me on Ju Yi's embrace asleep.

...

We're now inside my home, I could feel my body getting tired and I feel a little bit disoriented.

It's time.

It's been a tough journey towards Juan's happy ending and I can't believe that it's already ending.

Every person that I have met has a place in my heart, each of them with a unique place in my heart.

I'm currently nestled in Juan's chest, her familiar hands caress my hair gently, her warm body filled my cold ones as I snuggle close to her.

"Mommy?"

"Yes?" I heard the joy in her heart and finally got what I truly yearned for.

Her happiness.

"Thank you"

Thank you for being my sister.

Thank you for being my mother.

Thank you, Juan.

This is probably the end, I thought and closed my eyes never knowing it was the last time that I'll ever see them again.

***
Chapter 94 is up!

Argh! It's the end! Danggggg! I will make extras for when JuJu and Xiao Ruo are older!

Finally, thank you all so much for this wonderful journey with me!

Have a great day everyone and stay safe!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!