─ ¹⁹. TEMPTED TO OBLIVIATE MYSELF...

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗 *•. ┄┄

𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐧𝐮𝐟𝐟𝐥𝐞𝐬

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

The aftermath of the Second Task was in Hermione's favor. Because of all the attention thrust upon Harry and Ron — the latter basking in it —, she had a lot of free time. That's in her favor because now she could do the unfortunate thing she had been putting off. Homework. That and she could spend more time with her newfound mom and dead people friends.

Now let it sink in that Hermione is intelligent. She isn't a genius or know-it-all like the original Hermione. No. Hermione from the books spent all her time face down in a book, creating elf-rights associations or with Harry or Ron. Well, this Hermione — who apparently is the original one — doesn't like studying at all. In her last life, she made herself study hard so she could escape the orphanage. Newsflash: she isn't there anymore; this leads her to the dangerous and tricky path of procrastination. Third-year had been easy, though she had the whole drama with Sirius escaping, a hormonal Harry, and Ron being a prick, she was still getting used to the world. She didn't have many more friends or talked with dead people. Now, this year, Fourth-Year, Hermione has a lot more friends, corpses to talk to, Tournaments to worry about, and whatnot.

During the first part of the year (until Christmas) she was able to keep up with work. She usually did it with Ron and Harry. Now, she's having a lot more trouble with it. She has been procrastinating a lot; either because I'm talking with my new mom, I can do it tomorrow; or Theo and Blaise have been missing for a week because of their Friday night drunken party, I have to find them before they fall off a tower, or Seamus and Dean finally want to hang out with me instead of running off somewhere; or Harry needs help with his task and I need to flip through a Magazine while sharing dreams with Ron — which had become a tradition by now —, etc. The point was she had shit loads of homework due.

Hermione prided herself in being a good student and if she didn't make an effort she would get average marks in all her subjects. Yet she liked to get top marks — not original Hermione's marks, but above average. Some subjects such as Transfigurations or Charms came naturally to her — mainly because she was good at wandwork (wandless too, but that was a lot more complicated than it shows and she could only perform a few standard spells). Astronomy was as if it was in her blood, she understood it quickly and her memory actually worked properly in the class. Arithmancy also came easy mainly due to a high-school career in Maths. Ancient Runes was just too interesting not to pay attention. Care for Magical Creatures, Potions, and Defense Against the Dark Arts were pretty easy too, though she had to be paying slightly more attention during classes — and try not to blow up a cauldron because her spoon slipped and accidentally stirred the potion to the wrong side or an extra time. Now Herbology and History of Magic she could say she was struggling with. She hated both. Herbology due to the plants (no hate to Professor Sprout, who Hermione loved) and History... well, she sleeps in that class, there isn't much option other than struggling. Unfortunately, she has to take both anyway, not that she really cares about those grades — this does not mean, however, that she will have P's.